This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you guys used this keyboard before?

#1it_r_over9000Posted 1/29/2014 6:56:34 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129005

I just got one the other day and so far I really like it.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 760 2GB| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA SuperNOVA Nex 650G 650w| Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow White
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#2DetectivPenguinPosted 1/29/2014 6:59:44 PM
Yea I have a different keyboard in the quickfire line, absolutely love it.
---
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
#3it_r_over9000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 7:07:37 PM
Do you use a tenkeyless variant or a full one? I got the tenkeyless to replace my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate I've been using because the tenkeyless will actually fit in the area I have for a mouse and keyboard at this particular desk and the Razer one takes up almost the entire space and leaves no room to move my mouse around making playing Battlefield pretty much impossible unless I wanna scrub it up with a controller.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 760 2GB| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA SuperNOVA Nex 650G 650w| Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow White
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#4DetectivPenguinPosted 1/29/2014 7:17:43 PM(edited)
Mine has the numpad with the arrow keys built into it, not sure what the exact model name is, but the overall size is between a fullsize keyboard and the one you have.
---
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
#5BowsaaPosted 1/29/2014 7:27:18 PM(edited)
I use the Quickfire XT fullsize with Browns, and my friend has the same one, except it's tenkeyless. I'm definitely quite happy with it, as is he.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#6PraetorXynPosted 1/29/2014 8:00:25 PM
The Quickfire boards are by far the best bang for your buck boards. Much better boards than the Corsair ones everyone's in love with because of useless gimmicks like media keys. The Quickfire boards use Costar stabilizers, which most high end boards don't even use.

On the higher end of things, if you don't need backlighting, I'd get a Filco Majestouch V2, and if you do I'd get a Deck Legend.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#7SnadadosPosted 1/29/2014 8:11:16 PM
I have the tenkeyless version with black switches and I like it.
Thing feels really solid.
I could see them adding that keyboard as a murder weapon in a future clue game.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#8it_r_over9000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 8:12:12 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
The Quickfire boards are by far the best bang for your buck boards. Much better boards than the Corsair ones everyone's in love with because of useless gimmicks like media keys. The Quickfire boards use Costar stabilizers, which most high end boards don't even use.

On the higher end of things, if you don't need backlighting, I'd get a Filco Majestouch V2, and if you do I'd get a Deck Legend.

I originally looked at Filco but what made me pick the Cooler Master one was the Costar stabilizers, but also the fact that CM uses laser-etched keys. Otherwise I probably would have gone with Filco.
---
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#9PraetorXynPosted 1/29/2014 8:20:14 PM
it_r_over9000 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

I originally looked at Filco but what made me pick the Cooler Master one was the Costar stabilizers, but also the fact that CM uses laser-etched keys. Otherwise I probably would have gone with Filco.

The Filco uses Costar's too :)

Anyone who recommends Corsair, Ducky, or especially Razer (aka iOne) will just look at you like an idiot if you mention Costar stabilizers, so they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to keyboards.

I actually have a Deck Legend, which uses Costars. The way they print the keys is by having a black outer skirt and a white inner piece to insert into the skirt. They then heat the white plastic up very hot, then set black dye on it everywhere except where the letter is. So the rest of the key besides the letter is covered with black dye which subliminates intto the melted plastic, and is hence the only backlight keyboard where the lettering will never rub off or fade.

This process is expensive, so TG3 is the only company that does it. The build quality of the board is incredible all around though.

For media keys, you can use auto hot key to get a more useful set of them anyway.

I personally have the arrow keys for mine like so:

Alt+Left: Prev
Alt+Right: Next
Alt+Down: Play/Pause
Alt+Up: Stop
Ctrl+Alt+Left: Volume Down
Ctrl+Alt+Right: Volume Up
Ctrl+Alt+Down: Volume Mute
Ctrl+Alt+Up: Media Player
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#10it_r_over9000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 8:24:16 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

The Filco uses Costar's too :)

Yeah I remember that now. It was a different brand I was looking at that didn't have them though I don't remember which.
---
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]