This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've had enough of Windows 8

#1Zellio2014Posted 1/29/2014 9:55:19 PM
Going back to Windows 7. I've ran classic shell a long time, and the OS is fast, but then you need to do something like uninstall a program, or search for something, and in some cases you get to meet the bi-polar OS in full, when you meet 'Metro', and then you must look online for how to figure out something you've done for many years!

I actually liked Vista, sure it ran bad, but it was far more secure, had a stable 64 bit OS, and it ran well if you had a new machine and used it for gaming. But this bi-polar OS just annoys me after awhile.
#2sonic_man00Posted 1/29/2014 10:00:00 PM
I don't see an issue with Metro. Its useless, But paying to buy W7 instead of keeping it..?
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#3Zellio2014(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 10:04:06 PM
I had windows 7 on a disk
#4my_name_is_EdPosted 1/29/2014 10:11:29 PM
I know tell me about it. It's soooooooo hard to press the windows key and then type "control panel," like do they honestly expect us to type stuff like that? i mean, who does that? Not to mention right clicking the bottom left corner of the screen, and then clicking "control panel."

I mean really, do we LOOK like barbarians?
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#5ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/29/2014 10:21:05 PM
The problem is they completely changed the way you navigate the OS in windows 8. I don't like having to relearn something I've been doing just fine on all previous versions of windows, just because they decide to got with some metro *** user interface.
#6ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/29/2014 10:22:53 PM
I uninstalled Windows 8 on my laptop. it was complete and utter garbage. By the time I got done googling "how to do this" "how to do that" "how do do ****** anything" on windows 8, I could have had the thing uninstalled and Windows 7 installed. Which is exactly what I did.
#7Zellio2014(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 10:23:15 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
I know tell me about it. It's soooooooo hard to press the windows key and then type "control panel," like do they honestly expect us to type stuff like that? i mean, who does that? Not to mention right clicking the bottom left corner of the screen, and then clicking "control panel."

I assume then that you are fine if everytime Microsoft updates an OS they switch everything around? Oh, and give you two OS's, one part you know, the other part this Metro stuff?
#8ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/29/2014 10:23:53 PM
The only thing I bothered to google was "how to uninstall windows 8".
#9CatToyPosted 1/29/2014 10:43:04 PM
Zellio2014 posted...
I assume then that you are fine if everytime Microsoft updates an OS they switch everything around? Oh, and give you two OS's, one part you know, the other part this Metro stuff?

But nothing gets switched around and I literally have not looked at Metro once since I installed a start menu...
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#10my_name_is_EdPosted 1/29/2014 11:01:01 PM
Zellio2014 posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...

Of course I'm ok. See, unlike you, I have the capacity to learn.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png