This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

steam sales.....

#1dj-izzlePosted 1/30/2014 2:11:02 AM
I'm looking into pc gaming.... do big AAA titles get sales, or do I have to wait 5 years for it to be $19.99
---
"Got it memorized?"
#2CatToyPosted 1/30/2014 2:12:27 AM
Big titles get sales too. It's not uncommon for a release to hit 50% off within a few months.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3dj-izzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 2:30:29 AM
CatToy posted...
Big titles get sales too. It's not uncommon for a release to hit 50% off within a few months.

I was just curious, bc I kept seeing "steam sales rock" so I looked on the site and they still had cod ghosts and AC4 at full price..... does Amazon sell keys and how good are their prices?
---
"Got it memorized?"
#4calcyclePosted 1/30/2014 2:42:42 AM
dj-izzle posted...
CatToy posted...

I was just curious, bc I kept seeing "steam sales rock" so I looked on the site and they still had cod ghosts and AC4 at full price..... does Amazon sell keys and how good are their prices?

You be silly. You say sales yet expect permanent price drops.

Anyways, major sales for PC usually happen during Easter, Summer, Halloween, Black Friday, and Christmas.

Mind you, these are only major sales including everything, games sales happen every once in a while, you just gotta check.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#5TES_NutPosted 1/30/2014 2:44:08 AM
The sales you want to watch for are in summer and winter. The winter sale is over, but in summer expect to see thing that had been released in the last year or so marked down up to 80% off.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#6godplaysSNESPosted 1/30/2014 2:51:06 AM
Recent "big" games usually take one to two years to get good discounts. Don't expect more than 25% off for a new game
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#7dj-izzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 2:54:09 AM
calcycle posted...
dj-izzle posted...
CatToy posted...

Anyways, major sales for PC usually happen during Easter, Summer, Halloween, Black Friday, and Christmas.

Mind you, these are only major sales including everything, games sales happen every once in a while, you just gotta check.

I didn't know this, so I'm sorry... I honestly just found out about steam last year, so I don't really know what it's about...
---
"Got it memorized?"
#8Cool_Dude667Posted 1/30/2014 2:55:23 AM
dj-izzle posted...
calcycle posted...
dj-izzle posted...
CatToy posted...

I didn't know this, so I'm sorry... I honestly just found out about steam last year, so I don't really know what it's about...

http://www.cheapshark.com/
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#9ShineboxerPosted 1/30/2014 2:55:44 AM
dj-izzle posted...
CatToy posted...

AC4 is $30 now, i saw on black friday for $20 as a time discount on amazon, BF4 was $25 everwhere on black friday.

It's not hard to find deals if you're patient.

http://www.cheapshark.com/
---
Intel Core i7-4770K | MSI Z87-G45 GAMING | MSI GeForce GTX 780 | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#10SlaynPosted 1/30/2014 3:02:55 AM
dj-izzle posted...
CatToy posted...

The holiday event sales are usually the best, not the daily/weekly stuff.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505