This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really like Kingdoms of Amalur and think it was really underrated...

#51ChromaticAngelPosted 1/31/2014 10:27:15 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

Off the top of my head...

Fantasy WRPGs
-Banner Saga
-Blackguards
-Dark Souls
-Divinity: Original Sin
-Dragon Age 3
-Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
-Etrian Odyssey
-Jesebel
-Legend of Grimrock
-Massive Chalice
-Might and Magic X
-Path of Exile
-Pillars of Eternity
-Shadowrun Returns
-Shroud of the Avatar
-The Witcher 3
-Torchlight 2
-Torment: Tides of Numenera

Fantasy JRPGs
-Bastion
-Bravely Default
-Dragon Quest
-Final Fantasy
-Fire Emblem
-Legend of Heroes
-Persona
-Project Phoenix
-Shin Megami Tensei
-Tales Of
-Unsung Story
-Ys

Not to mention the entire genre of rogue-like games that's gotten huge lately with RPGs like Tales of Maj'Eyal, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, or Rogue Legacy. Seriously, talk about stupid questions.

not a single RPG you listed is anything close to KoA and some aren't even fantasy. Shadowrun Returns? Persona? I mean come on. Talk about stupid answers.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#52staleyoptionPosted 1/31/2014 10:51:19 AM
Only played a few hours but i felt like I was playing the worst part of an mmo ( see quest giver, go kill 10 of x and collect 5 of x) without the benefits of playing online.
#53locky723Posted 1/31/2014 10:59:06 AM
Just an FYI guys, you can get the complete game for $12 on steam RIGHT NOW. I bought it myself :3
#54notSFFPosted 1/31/2014 11:11:33 AM
Custers_Revenge posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
I'll agree with just about everyone else that the game is generic, it's follows the incredibly dull and mind numbing MMO formula of "kill 10 wolves and bring me their sexual organs for 10 gold!" quest style, which is HORRENDOUS gameplay design.

That never happened. There is not one quest that is like that in the entire game. At best, it's like there's some boss they want you to kill or you have to fight through a lair of bandits to get this item back.

I'm pretty sure there were at least two sidequests (one very early, one mid-game) that required you to kill bandits and bring their scarves/wristbands to the local guard captain.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#55ChromaticAngelPosted 1/31/2014 11:19:18 AM
notSFF posted...
Custers_Revenge posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
I'll agree with just about everyone else that the game is generic, it's follows the incredibly dull and mind numbing MMO formula of "kill 10 wolves and bring me their sexual organs for 10 gold!" quest style, which is HORRENDOUS gameplay design.

That never happened. There is not one quest that is like that in the entire game. At best, it's like there's some boss they want you to kill or you have to fight through a lair of bandits to get this item back.

I'm pretty sure there were at least two sidequests (one very early, one mid-game) that required you to kill bandits and bring their scarves/wristbands to the local guard captain.

yes, both named bosses.

there are a few "kill X and bring me their bandanas/wristbands/spleens/whatevers" quests but 90% of them are infinitely repeatable.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#56MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/31/2014 11:28:29 AM
The Combat and Combos were amazing, everything else was pretty mediocre. But juggling enemies in the air with said awesome combos is infinitely fun.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
3DS FC: 2234-8306-6237
#57LOLIAmAnAltPosted 1/31/2014 11:34:44 AM
I liked it

About 20 hours in it became somewhat stale, shame I was almost no where in the game.
This was 2 years ago.

I just started again, Origin is no longer recognizing that it is installed on my computer....so I started from scratch.

I will be skipping the side quests this time.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#58ChromaticAngelPosted 1/31/2014 11:48:20 AM
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
I will be skipping the side quests this time.

the side quests are boring and uninspired except for the DLCs, you should do those.
---