This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There should be no problems moving a storage drive from one computer to another

#1ratfacePosted 1/30/2014 5:26:19 PM
Right?

Got a new motherboard and cpu for Christmas, wanted to try to not have to reinstall windows but I don't have much installed anyway and the installation seemed not optimal anyway and I figure why not just reinstall so I'm going to, point is if I put all my stuff from my OS ssd that I want to save onto my storage hdd it should all be fine with no problems when I reinstall windows and reconnect the other drive.

Also, I guess anything installed on the storage drive should just be deleted and reinstalled right, or would just having windows repair the install be fine? This is the first time I've ever had multiple hard drives in a computer just not sure about if reinstalling/reformatting is necessary or preferred.
---
[Evil Republican]
Twi'Leks are HAWT!
#2reincarnator07Posted 1/30/2014 5:30:32 PM
As you pointed out, you'll have to reinstall Windows and your drivers. Apart from that, it's pretty much like plugging in an external drive. You may have to reinstall certain programs and applications though.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#3ratface(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 5:32:55 PM
K that's what I figured just wanted to be sure I'd just save it to a flash drive but I have too much stuff that has to be saved for that.
---
[Evil Republican]
Twi'Leks are HAWT!