This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first FPS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your first FPS?

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
2 years ago#101
I played Doom on someone else's computer at a young age, around 5 or 6, but I didn't understand it or anything.

I loved GoldenEye, then a friend let me borrow Quake 3 and I realized how terrible GoldenEye was.

Then another friend let me borrow UT99 and I realized GoldenEye was f******* garbage.

School LAN parties with UT99 were insanely fun.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: Zachnorn

Zachnorn
2 years ago#102
Jurassic Park for SNES if it counts (it has a FPS mode indoors and top-down outside)

If not, Counterstrike, but I only played that for a few hours

Half-Life 2 got me into the genre. I used to dislike FPS games, but HL2 and Valve's games in general changed that for me, and now I like the games from other developers as well.
<D
Sigs are overrated. Seriously.

User Info: Xanity

Xanity
2 years ago#103
gibby_1982 posted...
Duck Hunt.

Haha, does this count? If so, this. If not, Doom.

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
2 years ago#104
Goldeneye
FX 6300 @ 4.0Ghz | GTX 760 | AsRock 970 Extreme3 | 120 GB 840 EVO | 2x4GB RAM @ 1600Mhz | CX 500m
SteamID: gsf4lyfe

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
2 years ago#105
Tunnel Runner for the Atari 2600.
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: notanoob74

notanoob74
2 years ago#106
halo at a Christian party, all the kids and teens got in the basement and played some of this.
not a noob since 2003
Rank 2 hearthstone player

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
2 years ago#107
Doom.
FX8350 oc'ed 4.8ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290| ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
2 years ago#108
Probably Doom.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
2 years ago#109
I am not entirely sure, but I think it was probably doom.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Deathadder 3.5G full gloss | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 years ago#110
Darkdragon2335 posted...
We've all played first person shooters, but what's your first?
For me it was Wolfenstein 3D. I was 5 years old and it scared the crap out of me lol

Ditto. I think I was in 4th grade, I would always peruse this little carousel of shareware games at Computer City. I don't think the game scared me at the time, but I do remember being creeped out by Doom when I first played it, I had never played a game so dark and visceral at that point.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your first FPS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived