This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Its no contest, the PC wins this generation.

#150inchDLPPosted 1/31/2014 2:04:13 AM
was just playing BF4 on PC after playing it on XboxOne for hours. I can not stress this enough the game looks very poor on the XboxOne having a low resolution and low AA and exactly high textures from the PC(just hard to tell because of the horrid resolution). It does run at a very stable framerate though!

Now my wifes 500 dollar AMD A8 ????(quad) with a 6750m can pull off 720p high textures and low AA just with a little more jumpy framerate.

Now my PC with a low-midrange card (660ti) absolutely destroys BF4 at 1920x1080 getting a pretty constant 50-60FPS VSYNCed smooth as glass even 64 players maxed settings and 2xAA.

Now these new "super consoles" are having trouble running a game at sub 1920x1080 resoultions. when the low-midrange cards are destroying a new "super console" right off the bat then something is wrong there dont you think?

This might be the most irrelevant console generation ever as it is not sweeping in a new visuals not seen before on any platform or only in TOP NOTCH 3000 dollar machines. The only console worth owning to be honest is the wiiU and it gets more playtime than my 360/xbox1/ps3 combined just because it offers something truly not found on other platforms. but my PC still gets the most playtime of them all being the best of both worlds. Graphics and gameplay.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#2daniel79Posted 1/31/2014 2:10:29 AM
Maybe I'm getting old and cynical, but what's the point of this thread?
#3Unsugarized_FooPosted 1/31/2014 2:10:34 AM
Consoles will gain ground on visuals after a while, but by that time PC will have too...by a lot. I'm glad I'm going PC this generation.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#4Cool_Dude667Posted 1/31/2014 2:13:00 AM
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
Consoles will gain ground on visuals after a while, but by that time PC will have too...by a lot. I'm glad I'm going PC this generation.

Im glad I went PC since the Warcraft: Orcs & Human generation...

Well technically I was playing them on a mac but nobody needs to know about that.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#5iCuriousPosted 1/31/2014 2:15:43 AM
Eh? PCs will always be better as long as devs release games for it, because the hardware doesn't have to go without upgrades for nearly 10 years >_>.
---
? ? ?
#6daniel79Posted 1/31/2014 2:17:51 AM
I'm glad I'm going PC this generation.

I hate this kind of comment, it's pointless.

If your a gamer, you wouldnt be glad to be sticking to one platform, like most on here seem to scream from the rooftops like gloating playground school children. You'd own most of them and have more of a level headed view all round.

It's a very narrow minded view to have.
#750inchDLP(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 2:19:19 AM
daniel79 posted...

If your a gamer, you wouldnt be glad to be sticking to one platform, like most on here seem to scream from the rooftops like gloating playground school children. You'd own most of them and have more of a level headed view all round.

Do not comment of what you dont know about. I have a wiiU and a Xbox One and will get a PS4 the day Gran Turismo 7 hits stores.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#8SteamsterPosted 1/31/2014 2:23:05 AM
daniel79 posted...
Maybe I'm getting old and cynical, but what's the point of this thread?

Pro tip: Stop reading whenever you get here:

50inchDLP posted...

Dude's a complete joke 100% of the time. I'm only even here to warn people like you about him.
#9Unsugarized_FooPosted 1/31/2014 2:29:33 AM
daniel79 posted...

I mean, I'm down with getting something else later on, but for now I just got room in my wallet for one. So I'm glad I went the PC route. Hell, I just got a PS3 after 7 years of my 360.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#10NemerlightPosted 1/31/2014 2:42:15 AM
But you cant play GTA 5 or RDR on PC?
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.