This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Its no contest, the PC wins this generation.

#21youshallbeasgodPosted 1/31/2014 3:52:56 AM
TheWhoFan posted...
daniel79 posted...
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
I'm glad I'm going PC this generation.

I hate this kind of comment, it's pointless.

If your a gamer, you wouldnt be glad to be sticking to one platform, like most on here seem to scream from the rooftops like gloating playground school children. You'd own most of them and have more of a level headed view all round.

It's a very narrow minded view to have.

I have to buy every console to be considered a "gamer" (again, by daniel79)?

And you have to buy every game ever released. And you must beat all of them. No continues.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#22SlaynPosted 1/31/2014 3:54:52 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
Mustard race because consoles can't ketchup.

I laughed too hard for 4AM.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#23mumpsy21Posted 1/31/2014 3:58:02 AM
I never thought consoles had "better power" than PCs. Isn't it more of the game libraries?
---
Nintendo FC: 2063-0552-1565
"That's insane, and I'm Abed."
#24sirtonnePosted 1/31/2014 5:37:46 AM
mumpsy21 posted...
I never thought consoles had "better power" than PCs. Isn't it more of the game libraries?

Yep. I used to be a much bigger PC gamer in the 90s because of all the great games but the target demo is significantly younger and more immature now, and the games reflect it - FPS and mind-numbing MMOs have taken over PC gaming (not to mention all the DRM like Steam/Origin that holds your library hostage). I still love my PC but I use it mainly for all the great indies now or the odd exclusive that interests me. Consoles have some amazing exclusives and tons of Japanese games PC never gets, and then there's the PS+ backlog. Holy **** is that ever a good deal.
#25luigi33Posted 1/31/2014 6:41:21 AM
Consoles will gain ground on visuals after a while, but by that time PC will have too...by a lot. I'm glad I'm going PC this generation.

Witcher 3 already maxes out everything PS4/One has
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 760]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#26ThePCElitistPosted 1/31/2014 6:47:47 AM
Consoles will gain ground on visuals after a while, but by that time PC will have too...by a lot. I'm glad I'm going PC this generation.

What? Their graphics will not magically get better. The hardware is static and therefore will never "improve" at all. It will only get worse as time goes on. What you're talking about is Developers using fancy tricks with shading, lighting, filter effects, motion blur, etc to mask limitations.
#27SinisterSlayPosted 1/31/2014 6:49:51 AM
PC wins every generation, this is nothing new....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#28OrgeLambartPosted 1/31/2014 7:03:27 AM
at this point graphics are so good that it really doesn't matter anymore. I mean even on PS2 graphics were at a point where they really didn't need to improve, now so many years later they are at a point that I somehow doubt they need to get better at all.

Now if only gameplay could catch up to the graphics we'd be getting some of the best games ever made. Unfortunately people like this guy exist who think Graphics are the be all end all of gaming.

PSST... they aren't.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#29Majoras_pantsPosted 1/31/2014 7:17:02 AM
PC wins every generation.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#30Unsugarized_FooPosted 1/31/2014 11:00:17 AM(edited)
ThePCElitist posted...

What? Their graphics will not magically get better. The hardware is static and therefore will never "improve" at all. It will only get worse as time goes on. What you're talking about is Developers using fancy tricks with shading, lighting, filter effects, motion blur, etc to mask limitations.

luigi33 posted...

Witcher 3 already maxes out everything PS4/One has

Full Auto maxed out the 360 when it came out in 2006 or 2007. The fancy tricks are just developers increasing the efficiency of the console, which does produce better graphics.

Poorly made ports can easily max out a PC, and the same is true for consoles. It's magic to my eyes!
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana