This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's sad that PS4s are gathering dust while the Wii U and the PC get great games

#51ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/4/2014 10:25:56 AM
Ch3wy posted...

Damn, I'd buy a Wii U for $100. That's right around my limit though.

You won't have to wait much longer before that price will be common. I'm predicting If they get another terrible sales year 2014, then the system gets discontinued in 2015. After the system gets discontinued, it will be under $100 everywhere.

The last time I saw a console system do this bad was the Sega Dreamcast. But the Dreamcast sold 10.5m systems over 2 years. By November of 2014, the Wii-U will be 2 years old, and its nowhere near selling 10.5m systems, which means after 2 years, the Wii-U will have officially sold less than even the Dreamcast did. It would take nothing short of a miracle for Nintendo to even reach 10.5m systems sold by November of this year. The Wii-U really is doing THAT much worse than even the Dreamcast. Of course, the Nintendodrones don't want to admit it.
#52CELTEKKPosted 2/4/2014 10:30:58 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Hopefully Sony can pull out of their rut, and stop circling the drain.

Do you think they'd ever consider putting out a service to get their games on PC? That might help their bring their stocks out of the gutter. :(

0/10
---
3770k @ 4.8ghz
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#53ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 10:34:53 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
The last time I saw a console system do this bad was the Sega Dreamcast. But the Dreamcast sold 10.5m systems over 2 years.

The Sega Dreamcast was super popular, and only died because of Sega's trouble as a company. The PS4 is more like the Dreamcast than the Wii U is, what with Sony's dire financial trouble.

It's sad that you don't have any games to play on your $400 + tax system with a monthly fee. :(
#54ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/4/2014 10:48:00 AM

The Sega Dreamcast was super popular, and only died because of Sega's trouble as a company. The PS4 is more like the Dreamcast than the Wii U is, what with Sony's dire financial trouble.

The PS2 took all the steam out of the Dreamcast's locomotive, and Sega knew it, so they discontinued it. The Wii-U never had any steam for the PS4, and Xbone to take away, so in that regard, I agree, its not like the Dreamcast at all.

It's sad that you don't have any games to play on your $400 + tax system with a monthly fee. :(

Did I ever say I had a PS4? I don't. The most recent Sony product I bought was a DS4 pad to use on my PC, and honestly the pad is defective and has an X button sticking on it, and I'm gonna return it in a little bit.
#55ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 10:51:14 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
Did I ever say I had a PS4?

You don't have to. I sense your anger and your jealousy.

I have all these games to play, and you don't. :^)
#56ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/4/2014 10:59:21 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
Did I ever say I had a PS4?

You don't have to. I sense your anger and your jealousy.

I have all these games to play, and you don't. :^)

Someone gave me a Wii-U for Christmas, and I traded it in at gamestop for $100 credit, and got a Vita. And I've been playing several Vita games. The reason I liquidated my Wii-U was because it didn't have any games I liked I couldn't get on other systems that weren't typical Nintendo 1st party rehashes. I grew out of Nintendo 1st party games in the SNES era. They no longer make games for adults. Even my 12 year old nephew thinks the Wii-U is kiddy. I was thinking about giving the system to him for free, so he could play with other pre-teens (who make up most of the Wii-U userbase). But he clearly wasn't interested.
#57voldothegr8Posted 2/4/2014 11:19:22 AM
Wii U and PC is all I need this gen, there's simply no point in a PS4 or Xbone unless you really care about the few exclusives they have. And Wii U will pick up some steam once Mario Kart and Smash come out.
---
Oda break tracker 2014- 0 (2)
#58ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 11:19:49 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
Someone gave me a Wii-U for Christmas, and I traded it in at gamestop for $100 credit, and got a Vita. And I've been playing several Vita games. The reason I liquidated my Wii-U was because it didn't have any games I liked I couldn't get on other systems that weren't typical Nintendo 1st party rehashes. I grew out of Nintendo 1st party games in the SNES era. They no longer make games for adults. Even my 12 year old nephew thinks the Wii-U is kiddy. I was thinking about giving the system to him for free, so he could play with other pre-teens (who make up most of the Wii-U userbase). But he clearly wasn't interested.

That's funny. Mario 3D world and Wonderful 101 are much more difficult than anything on the PS4. PS4 is the sequel to the Xbox 360. A casual dudebro console with a monthly fee.

Why would you get a Vita? There's a reason that the only game anyone talks about is a port of an old PS2 game. LOL
#59ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/4/2014 2:39:26 PM

That's funny. Mario 3D world and Wonderful 101 are much more difficult than anything on the PS4. PS4 is the sequel to the Xbox 360. A casual dudebro console with a monthly fee.

I don't own a PS4. You know why? Because its got no games I care about atm.

And Wii-U is Nintendo's sequel to the Virtual boy. I think the Virtual Boy II would have been a less confusing name, because most of the nintenyearolds are too young to remember it.

Why would you get a Vita? There's a reason that the only game anyone talks about is a port of an old PS2 game. LOL

You're probably talking about P4 golden. Its overrated. And I don't like the SMT series. I'm enjoying Dragon's Crown and Soul Sacrifice though. That is 2 more games than I enjoyed on the Wii-U.
#60ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 10:15:55 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...

And Wii-U is Nintendo's sequel to the Virtual boy. I think the Virtual Boy II would have been a less confusing name, because most of the nintenyearolds are too young to remember it.

Epik trole. :^)