This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I thought Octodad would be crazy hard to control but it isn't.

#1pothocketPosted 1/31/2014 9:31:55 AM
I didn't get tripped up until climbing the jungle-gym at the aquarium and fitting through that hole at the top. And even then I aced it first try, I just got a little excited and fell off the tower. It was re-trying that section that gave me problems. Even then it was my fault for trying to go too fast, not because the controls are difficult or awkward or anything.

The whole game has been a blast so far. Definitely more fun than frustrating. I award this game 8/8. Even though I like games like Surgeon Simulator, I do realize how annoying they can be and that it's more gimmick than game. Not so with Octodad, this is a fully fleshed out obstacle course game rather than trying to milk a gimmick. Favorite moment so far was realizing what I had to do to get the frozen pizza in the supermarket and then executing it. Pure comedy gold.
#2Ch3wyPosted 1/31/2014 9:42:02 AM
The pizza section was awesome.

The game is pretty easy to get through so far(still at the aquarium), but I've been playing on normal. The walking mechanics are actually very easy and fun to use. The hand controls can be difficult but they made it so you don't have to be razor precise(like surgeon simulator), and it doesn't matter if you pour chocolate milk all over your daughter.

I imagine a flawless playthrough would be extremely difficult though.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3PsythikPosted 1/31/2014 10:44:58 AM
Were you using a controller? This game is almost impossible to play with a mouse.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#4pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 11:10:27 AM
Yes, I am using a controller. Before playing I seen in the game's forums someone asked what the best way to play is and the developer answered controller, so I just went with that. Is using a M+K really that awkward? It's weird because everyone is always trying to convince me how much better a M+K is for gaming but "almost impossible" with this game? That doesn't seem right.
#5SpazH3dPosted 1/31/2014 11:15:08 AM
Is there a scene where the game suggests that octodaddio has intercourse with his wife? I'm trying to motivate myself to buy it.
---
- My vision is augmented
#6PsythikPosted 1/31/2014 11:24:29 AM(edited)
pothocket posted...
Yes, I am using a controller. Before playing I seen in the game's forums someone asked what the best way to play is and the developer answered controller, so I just went with that. Is using a M+K really that awkward? It's weird because everyone is always trying to convince me how much better a M+K is for gaming but "almost impossible" with this game? That doesn't seem right.
"Most games are better with a mouse & keyboard" does not mean that all games are better. FPSes, RTSes and games with a lot of shooting are always better with a M&KB. Driving and flying games, and Octodad are always better with a controller. Play TF2 with a mouse then try Octodad with one and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Anybody who says that a M&KB is best for everything or that a controller is best doesn't know what they're talking about. Both are better at particular tasks.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#7Ch3wyPosted 1/31/2014 11:26:57 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Is there a scene where the game suggests that octodaddio has intercourse with his wife? I'm trying to motivate myself to buy it.

Well the marriage itself implies it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8SpazH3dPosted 1/31/2014 11:31:04 AM
Ch3wy posted...
SpazH3d posted...

Everyone knows that there is no hankypanky after marriage.
---
- My vision is augmented
#9Ch3wyPosted 1/31/2014 11:31:58 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Ch3wy posted...
SpazH3d posted...

Not according to the Bible. It says when you get wed you can bang in the bed.
---
#10SpazH3dPosted 1/31/2014 11:48:04 AM
Ch3wy posted...
SpazH3d posted...
Ch3wy posted...
SpazH3d posted...

Not according to the Bible. It says when you get wed you can bang in the bed.

I don't think octopuses are religious, sir. Don't force your religious human tentacles down my throat!
---
- My vision is augmented