This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New game card or whole pc?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New game card or whole pc?
2 years ago#1
I really used to know these things but have been out of the loop awile

My pc plays Max Payne 3, Blacklist Arkham Origins on high smooth. Black Flag get a little choppy on high. Really looking forward to Thief, thats what got my into pc gaming long ago.
Any advice is appreciated

AMD Phenom 2 830 Quad Core.
9800 GTX+

Thanks so much
2 years ago#2
If you're going to be getting a higher-end GPU, you would see some bottlenecking. It would be a good idea to just build a new PC.
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
2 years ago#3
Thanks thats what I was afraid of , leaning towards a new PC, just need a game to push me

2 years ago#4
well I am 'sure' phenoms are on the AM3+ plus boards right? if so upgrade to an FX series (6300)

and a nice newer card, all depends on your budget really.

btw your setup can still run very good, newer games at respected settings.
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870
2 years ago#5
you might as well start by getting a new gpu since you're still going to see a major boost in performance with your current setup.

of course, there's always the issue of power so..
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
2 years ago#6
I saw a long 17 minute trailer for Thief (they said it was a ps4 version). do you all think my set up would look anything close to that? It looked very sharp
2 years ago#7
The most immediate upgrade you need is a better graphics card.

Black Flag is just poorly optimised, it doesn't even use more than two cores (which hurts your old CPU extra much).
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New game card or whole pc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived