This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman Absolution or Thief Collection

#11Logical_OnePosted 1/31/2014 1:55:08 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Logical_One posted...
I love the Thief series but IMO they did NOT age well.

I played Thief for the first time when they came to Steam a year or 2 ago. You're wrong.

...the games look terrible--graphically, at least.
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#12DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/31/2014 1:56:57 PM
Logical_One posted...
Logical_One posted...

I played Thief for the first time when they came to Steam a year or 2 ago. You're wrong.

---

Yep. Not great lookers even with resolution fixes and minor texture modding. Still the gameplay holds up well imo. Simpler than I remember now that I have went back to it but just as satisfying.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#13Logical_OnePosted 1/31/2014 1:59:52 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Logical_One posted...
Logical_One posted...

---

Yep. Not great lookers even with resolution fixes and minor texture modding. Still the gameplay holds up well imo. Simpler than I remember now that I have went back to it but just as satisfying.

I agree--gameplay-wise I would give the edge to the Thief series over Absolution (although I prefer the Hitman series OVERALL).
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#14EGMRULZPosted 1/31/2014 5:12:35 PM
Like some have said already, it's like a toss up between a modern game and 3 older games that havent really aged well. Your choice. You should wait until they're even more dirt cheap before getting one.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#15progamer664(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 5:19:11 PM
But they're $2.50 each...
#16GynthaeresPosted 1/31/2014 5:52:23 PM
Personally I'd go with Hitman, if only because you're probably not going to see it hit $2.50 again.

Plus, what are you more likely to play? The kinda-okay-but-not-really-a-hitman-game Hitman: Absolution, or three ugly Thief games? And if you're only interested in one of the Thief games (like Thief 2), there'll be another super cheap sale for them at some other time, and you can pick it up them.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#17CircleOfManiasPosted 1/31/2014 6:07:53 PM(edited)
The gameplay of Thief 2 completely outclasses any of the pitiful excuses for stealth games that followed it. Graphically, it's not pretty, but that's what mods are for. After T2, the stealth genre pretty much completely died.

And don't mention Dishonored, it's a glorified hack and slash with slight, underdeveloped stealth options.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#18chase1234lifePosted 1/31/2014 6:21:59 PM
Where is Hitman $2.50
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#19AsucaHayashiPosted 1/31/2014 6:29:23 PM
nowhere... they're just assuming everybody has one of those editor's choice coupons that takes $5 off the games currently on sale at amazon.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#20MaximoomPosted 1/31/2014 9:27:53 PM
Never played Thief.

I do have Hitman Absolution and I play it frequently. My nephew is always creating contracts and challenging me to beat his scores.