This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New dugeon keeper is out!

#21GynthaeresPosted 1/31/2014 5:50:01 PM
Bossdog421 posted...
This is a very common mobile game set up. I can't believe people are so bothered by the concept. there must be a few hundred games with this model in app stores.

It's a free game, they are trying to capitalize on impatience . It's not a new concept. The top grossing game on google play is a free game clash of clans, before that it was Candy Crush. Both monopolize on impatience.

People like me are bothered by it because Dungeon Keeper was an incredibly good series, and quite popular, until EA killed Bullfrog. This is the first Dungeon Keeper game we've gotten in 15 years. And... it's mobile F2P exploitive trash.

Plus, it's EA, a big publisher of large, proper, mainstream games. Not some small-time scumbag mobile publisher who are a dime a dozen.

And regardless, don't dissuade people from becoming bothered by this sort of thing. This is unacceptable. And the more people who realize it, the more this is talked about, the more heat companies behind it take, and the less likely people are to support these games.

I know it's a small hope that people won't support it, but what do you think will promote change more? Being quiet about it and just ignoring the whole thing? Or a large number of people complaining about it and refusing to support the game on principle?
Plus Dungeon Keeper has 3.5 stars with 691 ratings. If everyone who frequents these boards + places like Reddit and 4chan logged on and gave Dungeon Keeper a 1 star rating and a negative review, this game would quickly fall into obscurity. The casuals would see that super low rating and avoid it like the plague.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#22Bossdog421Posted 1/31/2014 5:51:03 PM
ElDudorino posted...
Bossdog421 posted...
This is a very common mobile game set up. I can't believe people are so bothered by the concept. there must be a few hundred games with this model in app stores.

It's a free game, they are trying to capitalize on impatience . It's not a new concept. The top grossing game on google play is a free game clash of clans, before that it was Candy Crush. Both monopolize on impatience.

You can't believe that people who grew up playing real games are being told that a sequel to one of their beloved games is coming out but then load it up only to find that it's one of these BS quasi-games which "capitalize on impatience" and that they've wasted their time downloading it in addition to getting their hopes up for nothing? Like, it comes as an actual surprise to you?

You were expecting a free to play mobile game to be a worthy sequel to dungeon keeper? LMAO...
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#23ElDudorinoPosted 1/31/2014 5:53:25 PM
Quite the conversationalist, aren't you...
#24JairPosted 1/31/2014 6:11:13 PM
I hope they at least leave Theme Park in its grave.
#25Bossdog421Posted 1/31/2014 6:16:28 PM
ElDudorino posted...
Quite the conversationalist, aren't you...

I loved Bullfrog. Theme Hospital is one of my all time favorite games. Dungeon keeper games were a ton of fun too. When i saw this available on my phone i was excited, I've played it for 1 day got a few things done, set some over the night stuff and I'll play it again tomorrow.

Mobile games are casual. Take it for what it is, a mobile dungeon keeper game. Expecting it to be more is just delusional.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll