This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help with having my computer BSOD properly

#1ZachnornPosted 1/31/2014 11:52:27 AM
I've been overclocking and my PC has BSODed several times when running tests. Now, I've been getting BSODs without anything in the event log or a message after I reboot telling me about the error. I set Windows to put the error in the event log, but I also set it to reboot my PC when I BSOD since I used to be notified about the error code anyway when I log in. I'd rather have my PC reboot itself then sit on a BSOD since I usually let my monitor turn itself off, but if I BSOD, my monitor could end up showing that for hours (and that's not good for power savings or for the monitor, I'm sure).

Has anyone had a problem like this? Suggestions?
---
Zachnorn - <D http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4503/qrcode857546.th.png
#2Killah PriestPosted 1/31/2014 12:31:54 PM(edited)
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery -> Check the box that says AUTOMATICALLY RESTART.

this will have your PC reboot itself when BSOD instead of sitting at the screen.

edit: actually now that I read that slightly confusing post again... you're wondering why its not writing a log anymore when you BSOD.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3mrCubePosted 1/31/2014 12:36:50 PM
If your OC is unstable the computer can just reboot without Windows even having time to dump the BSOD info.

When it comes down to it though, it sounds like you know the problem is the overclock not being stable, so dial it down a bit
---
---