This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am a huge fan of the various Tom Clancy squad based games...

#1lost_withinPosted 1/31/2014 1:08:49 PM
But have never played any of the splinter cell games, I noticed that they where all on sale on steam so I was wondering are this games any fun and would I enjoy them?
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#2SinisterSlayPosted 1/31/2014 1:10:45 PM
Get the original rainbow six, and your done :D
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3lost_within(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 1:11:29 PM
I already have it...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#4SinisterSlayPosted 1/31/2014 1:12:25 PM
lost_within posted...
I already have it...

Might be sequels...

Honestly I'm just bumping your topic, I don't play those kind of games.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5That1GuyyPosted 1/31/2014 3:06:40 PM
Splinter Cell is a third person stealth game, although I think the new ones are action oriented now. If you like stealth, the original Splinter Cell trilogy is probably one of the best series in the genre.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#6KillerTrufflePosted 1/31/2014 3:10:33 PM
Splinter Cell is fun - Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow were the best of the series IMO. But they are solo stealth-based games, not squad games.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#7pwnater777Posted 1/31/2014 3:19:42 PM
I really don't like any squad games; often the controls are just too all over the place & confusing for me to even figure out. Also, I hate how hard it is sometimes to tell if your squad is even supposed to be following you.

Only game like that I can really get behind is RSV2, since the squad commands are so uber simple.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#8dekouPosted 1/31/2014 3:28:16 PM
It's one of those series that got lots of praise and sequels. Chaos Theory was probably the best Splinter Cell game - it was still fresh, polished and good-looking. However, people were getting tired of the series, so Ubi decided to "reimagine" the series and made the crappy Double Agent and decent, but not great Conviction. Looks like the series got back on its feet with Blacklist.

So, if you do decide to buy one of the games on sale, avoid Double Agent and Conviction.
#9DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/31/2014 3:30:35 PM
dekou posted...
So, if you do decide to buy one of the games on sale, avoid Double Agent and Conviction.

I disagree. They aren't as good as the older games in the stealth department but they aren't horrible games in general. More action oriented and a bit more forgiving when detected but I still had fun. Still if stealth is your main interest, the earlier entries and blacklist (from what I've read only) would be better choices.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#10PraetorXynPosted 1/31/2014 3:33:00 PM
If you want the best stealth games of all time, my vote would have to go to Thief 2 and Thief, in that order. Deadly Shadows was dumbed down for consoles, but it would be a somewhat decent game if it didn't have the name Thief on it.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png