This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I, much like all PC gamers, love to emulate console gamers.

#21GoIrish80Posted 1/31/2014 8:26:39 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
That's the great thing about a PC. Want a console experience? Hook it up to the TV and use Big Picture mode on Steam. Playing a strategy game? Take it back to the desk if you had to move it, keyboard and mouse. Need to write a resume? You can do that. Print a pumpkin pie recipe? Make a budget? Lost dog poster? Computers do it.

PC's are still missing the couch media experience.

What I love most about my 360 or PS3 is the the media experience, not the pure gaming. It's great being able to seamlessly download a couple Arcade/Indie game demos -> watch a film on Netflix -> play a demo -> watch a tv show on Hulu Plus -> watch some new movie trailers on the media marketplace -> check out the ESPN app -> etc.

All this can be done just as easily on a PC but it's not suitable. Web browsers are meant for desk use, not couch use. Although, Windows 8 might bridge that gap. I just never used it enough to say for certain.

Guess what? I'm typing this, right now, sitting on the couch. wireless keyboard in my lap, wireless mouse on the couch arm.

I can do ALL of the stuff you just described as "seamlessly" on my PC as you can a console. If not easier when you consider how much better a PC is at multitasking and that navigating with a mouse/keyboard is a hell of a lot more efficient than a controller.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#22Majoras_pantsPosted 1/31/2014 8:29:56 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
That's the great thing about a PC. Want a console experience? Hook it up to the TV and use Big Picture mode on Steam. Playing a strategy game? Take it back to the desk if you had to move it, keyboard and mouse. Need to write a resume? You can do that. Print a pumpkin pie recipe? Make a budget? Lost dog poster? Computers do it.

What I love most about my 360 or PS3 is the the media experience, not the pure gaming. It's great being able to seamlessly download a couple Arcade/Indie game demos -> watch a film on Netflix -> play a demo -> watch a tv show on Hulu Plus -> watch some new movie trailers on the media marketplace -> check out the ESPN app -> etc.

All this can be done just as easily on a PC but it's not suitable. Web browsers are meant for desk use, not couch use. Although, Windows 8 might bridge that gap. I just never used it enough to say for certain.

Ever see Steam Big Picture? Literally has all of those things, and is an interface for controllers.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#23AsucaHayashiPosted 1/31/2014 8:30:21 PM
how do you emulate console gamers?

by adopting peasantry?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#24SmakkyofacePosted 1/31/2014 8:55:46 PM
Dolphin emulator for PC is for emulating Gamecube and Wii games. If you're looking for PS2 theres PCSX2 which works quite well and for PSX games theres PCSX.

However I'm not too sure about Xbox emulators and xbox 360 and ps3 are too current.
---
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz | 48GB DDR3 1866 (40GB RamDisk) | SLI Evga Gtx 670 FTW | Samsung 256GB PRO | 1TB Maxtor 7200rpm RAID 0
#25killkountPosted 1/31/2014 9:02:40 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

Are you being f***ing serious right now?
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#26Skul_Posted 1/31/2014 9:10:15 PM
killkount posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

Are you being f***ing serious right now?

Hes more serious than the TC
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#27dementedlullabyPosted 1/31/2014 9:10:36 PM
No proper working Xbox classic emulator and there's a good chance there never shall be. So sad.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#28TheWayOfTheGunPosted 1/31/2014 9:26:14 PM(edited)
Ravenoussd posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

i can "seemlessly" do all of that...lol and do it faster

Lol, not in the way I explained. Do you think you are special because you own a PC, that I haven't tried this before on said PC?

Unless you have done the same on a console and are able to directly compare the experiences then you have no room to talk, kid.

Bumping up Windows font doesn't make for a great couch experience.

---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#29UberLurkerPosted 1/31/2014 10:09:37 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
No proper working Xbox classic emulator and there's a good chance there never shall be. So sad.

Please feel free to offer up a list of classic Xbox games that the PC gaming community has been clamoring for... with the exception of Steel Battalion (which is a niche case, be honest) of course.
#30pothocketPosted 1/31/2014 10:20:14 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...

This is the most backwards troll topic ever.

Not sure if you're serious or what, but have fun only being able to run one app at a time and taking forever to switch applications because of menu navigation and slow launch times. Desk or couch, I'll stick to PC for all things media.