This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I, much like all PC gamers, love to emulate console gamers.

#31JavelinPosted 1/31/2014 10:23:52 PM
it_r_over9000 posted...
How well would my CPU be able to emulate console gamers?

Might work better than you realize. For one thing, they are both incapable of independent thought.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#32LordOfLegaciesPosted 1/31/2014 10:25:43 PM
I wish the mods would start banning people for replying to these topics.
---
Me: Nobody takes the appeal system seriously so nobody cares if you remove their appeal privileges. *removes my appeal privilages*
Yep, sure f***ing showed me.
#33Blobs_Posted 1/31/2014 10:32:20 PM
Javelin posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...

Might work better than you realize. For one thing, they are both incapable of independent thought.

I guiltily smiled at this lol
---
is haha
#34AsucaHayashiPosted 1/31/2014 10:36:40 PM
Javelin posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...

XD
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#35RavenoussdPosted 1/31/2014 11:41:52 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Ravenoussd posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
That's the great thing about a PC. Want a console experience? Hook it up to the TV and use Big Picture mode on Steam. Playing a strategy game? Take it back to the desk if you had to move it, keyboard and mouse. Need to write a resume? You can do that. Print a pumpkin pie recipe? Make a budget? Lost dog poster? Computers do it.

PC's are still missing the couch media experience.

What I love most about my 360 or PS3 is the the media experience, not the pure gaming. It's great being able to seamlessly download a couple Arcade/Indie game demos -> watch a film on Netflix -> play a demo -> watch a tv show on Hulu Plus -> watch some new movie trailers on the media marketplace -> check out the ESPN app -> etc.

All this can be done just as easily on a PC but it's not suitable. Web browsers are meant for desk use, not couch use. Although, Windows 8 might bridge that gap. I just never used it enough to say for certain.

i can "seemlessly" do all of that...lol and do it faster

Lol, not in the way I explained. Do you think you are special because you own a PC, that I haven't tried this before on said PC?

Unless you have done the same on a console and are able to directly compare the experiences then you have no room to talk, kid.

Bumping up Windows font doesn't make for a great couch experience.

ah guess i didn't read that part....yeah have fun on the couch lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
#36JKatarnPosted 2/1/2014 12:16:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQB4nAjZIdE
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#37DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/1/2014 1:14:37 AM
it_r_over9000 posted...
How well would my CPU be able to emulate console gamers? I wouldn't get a bottleneck would I?

Anything not running full speed would be bottlnecked by your CPU or memory speed.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#38Bellum_SacrumPosted 2/1/2014 2:50:20 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
how do you emulate console gamers?

by adopting peasantry?

Definitely not by avoiding the issue, filthy peasant. Back to your 360 now.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#39Zombified_ToastPosted 2/1/2014 10:52:32 AM
Notice how the TC hasn't responded to the topic since the first post.
---
stant447 - So suicide is illegal. But smoking is not? I'm allowed to passively kill myself, but not actively?
Transmutant - Just as long as you die I'm happy.
#40TheWayOfTheGunPosted 2/1/2014 9:34:47 PM
Ravenoussd posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Ravenoussd posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
That's the great thing about a PC. Want a console experience? Hook it up to the TV and use Big Picture mode on Steam. Playing a strategy game? Take it back to the desk if you had to move it, keyboard and mouse. Need to write a resume? You can do that. Print a pumpkin pie recipe? Make a budget? Lost dog poster? Computers do it.

PC's are still missing the couch media experience.

What I love most about my 360 or PS3 is the the media experience, not the pure gaming. It's great being able to seamlessly download a couple Arcade/Indie game demos -> watch a film on Netflix -> play a demo -> watch a tv show on Hulu Plus -> watch some new movie trailers on the media marketplace -> check out the ESPN app -> etc.

All this can be done just as easily on a PC but it's not suitable. Web browsers are meant for desk use, not couch use. Although, Windows 8 might bridge that gap. I just never used it enough to say for certain.

i can "seemlessly" do all of that...lol and do it faster

Lol, not in the way I explained. Do you think you are special because you own a PC, that I haven't tried this before on said PC?

Unless you have done the same on a console and are able to directly compare the experiences then you have no room to talk, kid.

Bumping up Windows font doesn't make for a great couch experience.

ah guess i didn't read that part....yeah have fun on the couch lol

Always. Your mom has fun on my couch too,
---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg