This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I, much like all PC gamers, love to emulate console gamers.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I, much like all PC gamers, love to emulate console gamers.
2 years ago#31
it_r_over9000 posted...
How well would my CPU be able to emulate console gamers?

Might work better than you realize. For one thing, they are both incapable of independent thought.
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
2 years ago#32
I wish the mods would start banning people for replying to these topics.
Me: Nobody takes the appeal system seriously so nobody cares if you remove their appeal privileges. *removes my appeal privilages*
Yep, sure f***ing showed me.
2 years ago#33
Javelin posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...

Might work better than you realize. For one thing, they are both incapable of independent thought.

I guiltily smiled at this lol
is haha
2 years ago#34
Javelin posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...

XD
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
2 years ago#35
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Ravenoussd posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
That's the great thing about a PC. Want a console experience? Hook it up to the TV and use Big Picture mode on Steam. Playing a strategy game? Take it back to the desk if you had to move it, keyboard and mouse. Need to write a resume? You can do that. Print a pumpkin pie recipe? Make a budget? Lost dog poster? Computers do it.

PC's are still missing the couch media experience.

What I love most about my 360 or PS3 is the the media experience, not the pure gaming. It's great being able to seamlessly download a couple Arcade/Indie game demos -> watch a film on Netflix -> play a demo -> watch a tv show on Hulu Plus -> watch some new movie trailers on the media marketplace -> check out the ESPN app -> etc.

All this can be done just as easily on a PC but it's not suitable. Web browsers are meant for desk use, not couch use. Although, Windows 8 might bridge that gap. I just never used it enough to say for certain.

i can "seemlessly" do all of that...lol and do it faster

Lol, not in the way I explained. Do you think you are special because you own a PC, that I haven't tried this before on said PC?

Unless you have done the same on a console and are able to directly compare the experiences then you have no room to talk, kid.

Bumping up Windows font doesn't make for a great couch experience.

ah guess i didn't read that part....yeah have fun on the couch lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
2 years ago#36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQB4nAjZIdE
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#37
it_r_over9000 posted...
How well would my CPU be able to emulate console gamers? I wouldn't get a bottleneck would I?

Anything not running full speed would be bottlnecked by your CPU or memory speed.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
2 years ago#38
AsucaHayashi posted...
how do you emulate console gamers?

by adopting peasantry?

Definitely not by avoiding the issue, filthy peasant. Back to your 360 now.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
2 years ago#39
Notice how the TC hasn't responded to the topic since the first post.
stant447 - So suicide is illegal. But smoking is not? I'm allowed to passively kill myself, but not actively?
Transmutant - Just as long as you die I'm happy.
2 years ago#40
Ravenoussd posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Ravenoussd posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
That's the great thing about a PC. Want a console experience? Hook it up to the TV and use Big Picture mode on Steam. Playing a strategy game? Take it back to the desk if you had to move it, keyboard and mouse. Need to write a resume? You can do that. Print a pumpkin pie recipe? Make a budget? Lost dog poster? Computers do it.

PC's are still missing the couch media experience.

What I love most about my 360 or PS3 is the the media experience, not the pure gaming. It's great being able to seamlessly download a couple Arcade/Indie game demos -> watch a film on Netflix -> play a demo -> watch a tv show on Hulu Plus -> watch some new movie trailers on the media marketplace -> check out the ESPN app -> etc.

All this can be done just as easily on a PC but it's not suitable. Web browsers are meant for desk use, not couch use. Although, Windows 8 might bridge that gap. I just never used it enough to say for certain.

i can "seemlessly" do all of that...lol and do it faster

Lol, not in the way I explained. Do you think you are special because you own a PC, that I haven't tried this before on said PC?

Unless you have done the same on a console and are able to directly compare the experiences then you have no room to talk, kid.

Bumping up Windows font doesn't make for a great couch experience.

ah guess i didn't read that part....yeah have fun on the couch lol

Always. Your mom has fun on my couch too,
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I, much like all PC gamers, love to emulate console gamers.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived