This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy Dark Souls or Sleeping Dogs?

#11samuraigaidenPosted 1/31/2014 5:10:36 PM
Dark Souls. But both are good.
#12Ikari GendoPosted 1/31/2014 5:13:08 PM
Sleeping Dogs is Infernal Affairs
Dark Souls is a Guillermo del Toro wet dream
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#13monkmithPosted 1/31/2014 5:15:18 PM
for dark souls you need a controller, even with the mods that make it more keyboard/mouse friendly.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#14DaLaggaPosted 1/31/2014 5:52:56 PM
monkmith posted...
for dark souls you need a controller, even with the mods that make it more keyboard/mouse friendly.

Having played through the game 6 times with a M&K I completely disagree. Even with the poorly ported controls, a M&K is slightly better than a controller if for nothing else than the fact that you don't have lose your ability to move or look every time you need to hit one of the face buttons on a controller.
#15PsythikPosted 1/31/2014 5:56:24 PM
Dogs.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#16youngfossilPosted 1/31/2014 6:20:25 PM
DaLagga posted...
monkmith posted...

Having played through the game 6 times with a M&K I completely disagree. Even with the poorly ported controls, a M&K is slightly better than a controller if for nothing else than the fact that you don't have lose your ability to move or look every time you need to hit one of the face buttons on a controller.

look at the controller? damn man thats weak sauce.
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#17Cool_Dude667Posted 1/31/2014 6:23:04 PM
Sleeping dogs benefits from a controller aswell, atleast the driving sections.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#18DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/31/2014 6:27:41 PM
youngfossil posted...
DaLagga posted...
monkmith posted...

No he's referring to the noob controller user's inability to use the right thumbstick and the face buttons at the same time. Noobs use their thumb for both but advanced users have learned to claw their index finger to hit face buttons while still using their thumb on the right stick. Not all games require this amazing skill but its handy for those that do benefit.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#19DaLaggaPosted 1/31/2014 8:40:36 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
youngfossil posted...
DaLagga posted...
monkmith posted...

No he's referring to the noob controller user's inability to use the right thumbstick and the face buttons at the same time. Noobs use their thumb for both but advanced users have learned to claw their index finger to hit face buttons while still using their thumb on the right stick. Not all games require this amazing skill but its handy for those that do benefit.

Distorting your hand to hold the controller in such a manner gets painful after a while because it was never meant to be held in such a way. If you want access to more buttons and/or the ability to press those buttons more quickly without temporarily losing the ability to move or look, then use a M&K. Bending your fingers into an awkward shape isn't a very good solution.
#20RavenoussdPosted 1/31/2014 8:45:21 PM
Dark Dogs Soul Sleeping
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8