This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can GTX760 run Titanfall and Witcher 3?

#21Branmuffin316Posted 2/1/2014 12:33:50 AM
warior55 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
stop overestimating hardware reqs.

This board never stops doing that. They tell me that I can't run some games with my GTX 460 but then I proceed to run them on max settings at 60 FPS.

I have a 460 as well I'm still satisfied with the performance it gives me, but I may get an 800 series when they come out.
#22_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 2/1/2014 2:46:00 AM
Of course it will.

Whether it will max them is a different question.

Titanfall is source engine and the game does not look like it will be more graphically intensive than BF4 for example, so I doubt that would be a problem.

I have no idea about the requirements of TW3, but I think it is safe to assume that at the very least you will be able to run it.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Deathadder 3.5G full gloss | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#23j2_tha_macPosted 2/1/2014 4:05:20 AM
If CDprojekt RED actually made the witcher 3 so it couldn't run on something like a 760 then they might aswell not bother with a pc version at all. They would be severely limiting thier potential customers. Remember all the screenshots will be max settings. You won't get max settings but it will run no problem and still look beautiful whatever.

Titanfall is a source engine game. Show me a single source engine game so far the 760 can't max at 120fps!
#24godplaysSNESPosted 2/1/2014 5:39:53 AM
Obviously depends on the CPU as well. TW3 looks like a potential killer both for the CPU and GPU

In a way, I'm mostly concerned about Titanfall. I've not seen any recent benchmarks for how well the Source engine scales with multicore CPUs.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#25popping4itPosted 2/1/2014 6:08:55 AM
source engine is pretty crap so
---
whens mahvel?
#26Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/1/2014 6:44:13 AM
Both games will work on a 760, not the highest settings but will work and still look good.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#27ClouddxPosted 2/1/2014 7:23:50 AM
Quote:Obviously depends on the CPU as well. TW3 looks like a potential killer both for the CPU and GPU

In a way, I'm mostly concerned about Titanfall. I've not seen any recent benchmarks for how well the Source engine scales with multicore CPUs.

@godplaysSNES

Source engine is great, it makes use of multicore CPUs very well. Titanfall should be pretty easy to max.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#28Ep1taph303Posted 2/1/2014 8:17:55 AM
warior55 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
stop overestimating hardware reqs.

This board never stops doing that. They tell me that I can't run some games with my GTX 460 but then I proceed to run them on max settings at 60 FPS.

Yeah no.
#29N64_Rules_88Posted 2/1/2014 3:36:29 PM
Titanfall is on the Source engine, a toaster can max that out nowadays.
---
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/daylecman
Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.5GHz - 4GB DDR3 - 120GB SSD - GTX 460 1GB - Blackwidow Ultimate
#30therickmu25Posted 2/1/2014 3:43:23 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
steker16 posted...
titanfall for sure because lets face it, the game may be from the old IW team that made the last good CoD game, but it was still probably made with consoles in mind and is just going to be a port anyway. no way to know about TW3 yet

They may be responsible for the best CoD game, but they were also responsible for the worst. And seeing as how that was the last game they made, it might be better to take them off that pedestal you're putting them on until the game actually comes out?

MW2 is regarded as the most fun in the series to a lot of players. it was a time when they weren't afraid to take risks and try to create something extremly unique unlike the cut and paste crap now. Me and a group of friends clocked over 35 days of playtime in that game and it never got old. Speak for yourself.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg