This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a rpg

#11steker16Posted 1/31/2014 10:25:05 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
steker16 posted...
stuff

Sounds like you want your hand held. .

hurr durr because there are only 2 extremes to RPG's. unpolished with no direction, and hand holding
#12DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/31/2014 11:11:44 PM(edited)
steker16 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
steker16 posted...
stuff

hurr durr because there are only 2 extremes to RPG's. unpolished with no direction, and hand holding

Well what part of your post of complaints is in any shape or form contrary to that statement?
You want more information on the basics. What? There was absolutely nothing that needed any explanation when I played. The game has typical stat points, and a large talent tree with decent descriptions. The game also has a manual... shocking, I know.

Vague quest descriptions. Most really aren't. The few that are, is due to the fact the quest is actually designed around you finding out what needs to be done. . Sounds like you want a magical compass to point you the right way when the land is designed in such a way that its fairly easy to explore and find everything.

Complaining about too few autosaves and difficult encounters when quicksaves are available... Do you really want to steamroll through your games? Losing to a big bad monster then coming back later and destroying it, is one of the more satisfying aspects of a good rpg (imo of course).

The mindreading aspect is clearly explained to you in the beginning as part of the tutorial area. Yes you can waste a little xp but you can also gain a lot from doing it. That's a risk you take and tbh the amount of xp you lose is generally inconsequential. Also generally speaking, if a mind read isn't expensive, it probably doesn't net you with anything important. That's something you should be able to conclude pretty easily on your own.

You don't like puzzles.

Sure sounds like you want some hand holding to me.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#13sonic_man00Posted 1/31/2014 11:36:00 PM
Hm...Titan Quest is cheap, And pretty good.
Terraria is more platformer, But has plenty of RPG-ish elements.
To The Moon...such feels..
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#14BiglabronPosted 2/1/2014 12:34:05 AM
Assuming you are using steam

ff7
ff8
baldurs gate 2
dragon age origins ultimate edition
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#15TowerBooks3192Posted 2/1/2014 1:04:39 AM
Depends what kind of roleplaying games you want. I am not an expert on CRPGs since i grew up and definitely prefer grind heavy JRPGs. I would suggest getting Aarklash legacy (got it cheap off GOG's daily deals). Game seems to be good and the combat is satisfying. Other than that, get Dragon Age origins.

Also looking for RPG suggestions and would welcome any info on Shadowrun Returns current state.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#161upsuperPosted 2/1/2014 2:39:46 AM
Might & Magic 4&5.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
Official Frost Five of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#17DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/1/2014 4:20:15 AM
Ys
Chantelise
Recettear
Fortune Summoner
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#18SilentHawk29Posted 2/1/2014 4:46:59 AM
lol at divinity 2 being too complicated.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#19steker16Posted 2/1/2014 5:32:30 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
steker16 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
steker16 posted...
stuff

Well what part of your post of complaints is in any shape or form contrary to that statement?
You want more information on the basics. What? There was absolutely nothing that needed any explanation when I played. The game has typical stat points, and a large talent tree with decent descriptions. The game also has a manual... shocking, I know.

Vague quest descriptions. Most really aren't. The few that are, is due to the fact the quest is actually designed around you finding out what needs to be done. . Sounds like you want a magical compass to point you the right way when the land is designed in such a way that its fairly easy to explore and find everything.

Complaining about too few autosaves and difficult encounters when quicksaves are available... Do you really want to steamroll through your games? Losing to a big bad monster then coming back later and destroying it, is one of the more satisfying aspects of a good rpg (imo of course).

The mindreading aspect is clearly explained to you in the beginning as part of the tutorial area. Yes you can waste a little xp but you can also gain a lot from doing it. That's a risk you take and tbh the amount of xp you lose is generally inconsequential. Also generally speaking, if a mind read isn't expensive, it probably doesn't net you with anything important. That's something you should be able to conclude pretty easily on your own.

You don't like puzzles.

Sure sounds like you want some hand holding to me.

your reading comprehension is garbage, goodbye
#20SpazH3dPosted 2/1/2014 5:46:55 AM
Fable: The Lost Chapters. I am serious.
---
- My vision is augmented