This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hello, could you help me?

#1MastherBeBadPosted 2/1/2014 6:29:25 AM
Hello guys, I was a die hard console gamer and recently I decided to build my own gaming PC and I am having a lot of fun with it.

As you may be wondering, the joystick to keyboard and mouse transition is a little bit hard to get used to.

I sometimes plug a joystick into my PC to try and play Battlefield 4 online using keyboard and mouse, but I get myself in a bit of disavantage.

I would really appreciate any sort of tips you can give me about how to get better at keyboard and mouse and even what the best way to train it.

I am not completely bad with it, it is just that sometimes I don't feel confortable at all.
#2staticxtreme5Posted 2/1/2014 6:38:31 AM
Practice. That's really about all you can do. I've never really been to fond of the mouse and keyboard combo for FPS (I prefer a controller), but that's almost a blasphemous answer on this board. I've heard a good gaming mouse can make all the difference as well, but I don't really care to purchase one myself. Also, I don't know what keys you use to move, but if your using anything other than WASD your doing it wrong.
#3pjlindPosted 2/1/2014 6:38:42 AM
You're going to want to point, then click.
---
i5-4670k | MSI Z87-G41 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4gb DDR3-2133 | 530w 80+ | 1tb Seagate Barracuda | Rosewill BlackHawk
#4SpazH3dPosted 2/1/2014 6:44:33 AM(edited)
Protip: It's called a controller, not a joystick. A joystick is... a stick. With buttons.

To make the transition easier, maybe you should find some mouse-only games. Also, just keep your hand on WASD, shift and the spacebar. That's all you need.
---
- My vision is augmented
#5sonic_man00Posted 2/1/2014 10:48:10 AM
Buy a PC controller. DS3, 360, And Logitech F310 are all good.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.