This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hello, could you help me?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hello, could you help me?
2 years ago#1
Hello guys, I was a die hard console gamer and recently I decided to build my own gaming PC and I am having a lot of fun with it.

As you may be wondering, the joystick to keyboard and mouse transition is a little bit hard to get used to.

I sometimes plug a joystick into my PC to try and play Battlefield 4 online using keyboard and mouse, but I get myself in a bit of disavantage.

I would really appreciate any sort of tips you can give me about how to get better at keyboard and mouse and even what the best way to train it.

I am not completely bad with it, it is just that sometimes I don't feel confortable at all.
2 years ago#2
Practice. That's really about all you can do. I've never really been to fond of the mouse and keyboard combo for FPS (I prefer a controller), but that's almost a blasphemous answer on this board. I've heard a good gaming mouse can make all the difference as well, but I don't really care to purchase one myself. Also, I don't know what keys you use to move, but if your using anything other than WASD your doing it wrong.
2 years ago#3
You're going to want to point, then click.
i5-4670k | MSI Z87-G41 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4gb DDR3-2133 | 530w 80+ | 1tb Seagate Barracuda | Rosewill BlackHawk
2 years ago#4
Protip: It's called a controller, not a joystick. A joystick is... a stick. With buttons.

To make the transition easier, maybe you should find some mouse-only games. Also, just keep your hand on WASD, shift and the spacebar. That's all you need.
- My vision is augmented
2 years ago#5
Buy a PC controller. DS3, 360, And Logitech F310 are all good.
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hello, could you help me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived