This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About To Buy, Final Decision...

#11popsurf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 7:33:49 AM
Pokenub posted...
popsurf posted...
Here's my build in the cart. Thoughts?

Corsair Carbide Series Black 400R Mid Tower Computer Case (CC-9011011-WW) - Corsair

EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card (02G-P4-2765-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2765-KR - EVGA

Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB (2x4 GB Modules) 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Kit (PC3 12800) 240-Pin SDRAM KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX - Kingston Technology Company, Inc.

Gigabyte Z87 LGA 1150 CrossFireX HDMI DVI ATX Motherboard (GA-Z87-D3HP) - Gigabyte

Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 744 Power Supply CX750M - Corsair

Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670K - Intel

WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX - Western Digital

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2) - Cooler Master

Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE120BW - Samsung

Looks good, have you got a monitor selected out?

Not yet. Just looking for something 1080p. Nothing to break the bank.
---
XBL: surfpunk182
#12PhilOnDezPosted 2/1/2014 7:38:40 AM
popsurf posted...
I'm also worried of sucking because of the mouse and keyboard

Don't worry, I was awful at MP shooters, even CoD, with a controller. I pretty much stuck to objective games because I was useless in deathmatch. I haven't played any of the CoDs on PC but I've done a lot better in the few shooters I've played since making the switch. Nothing amazing, but at least I've been positive, not a .5-.7 KD like I had on console shooters and I do even better in the objective matches since I can actually get a few kills while defending/running/whatevering. Admittedly, I already had a ton of m/kb experience before making the switch due to about six years of WoW, even if I wasn't using the mouse to aim I still used it to turn, but it still shouldn't take long to get used to. As long as you have good gameplay habits from the console shooters you should make the transition fine.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#13pjlindPosted 2/1/2014 7:48:59 AM
I spent so much money on my 360 and all the games for it. I honestly don't see myself ever using it again now that nextgen is out, nobody is going to care about the 360 anymore. I was fully committed to XBone until about 2 weeks after the initial demo of it.

I basically see my PC as a console with windows on it, which makes it way better than just a console. Plus, I can can re-use all of my hardware later down the road instead of being left with am obsolete console as soon as the next thing comes out. All I'd maybe have to upgrade is processor and new motherboard if it's a different socket, and the graphics card.

It's the way to go for sure.
---
i5-4670k | MSI Z87-G41 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4gb DDR3-2133 | 530w 80+ | 1tb Seagate Barracuda | Rosewill BlackHawk
#14popsurf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 7:55:57 AM
pjlind posted...
I spent so much money on my 360 and all the games for it. I honestly don't see myself ever using it again now that nextgen is out, nobody is going to care about the 360 anymore. I was fully committed to XBone until about 2 weeks after the initial demo of it.

I basically see my PC as a console with windows on it, which makes it way better than just a console. Plus, I can can re-use all of my hardware later down the road instead of being left with am obsolete console as soon as the next thing comes out. All I'd maybe have to upgrade is processor and new motherboard if it's a different socket, and the graphics card.

It's the way to go for sure.

I ended up buying an xbox one... Completely underwhelmed... I love battlefield on it, but in the end I always debate on whether to build a gaming pc. Titanfall is coming out soon for the One which I will def buy, but pcs always interest me with games like rust, dayz, planetside, smite, etc...
---
#15Flaktrooper123Posted 2/1/2014 8:01:01 AM
At the very least you can start playing on 1080p, with 760, you can get High on BF4. As comparison, Xbox One is comparable to 720p on Medium setting on PC.

Anyways, about the X360, don't worry. Microsoft has promised to keep making X360 games.
#16CELTEKKPosted 2/1/2014 8:02:47 AM
Looks like a pretty good build man. Enjoy! A lot of games you can get for cheaper too, so have at it!!
---
3770k @ 4.8ghz
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#17pjlindPosted 2/1/2014 8:08:05 AM
Personally, I don't really have the money for the Xbone and a PC, but I also don't have the need for both either. If it's something you can swing I'd go for it, but you could always wait until new pc stuff comes out and at the very least it would bring down the price of the stuff you're looking at. My situation was I already had a ton of games on steam that I could hardly run on my laptops intel hd 3000, so it made since to go ahead and build a 1000$ PC.

It worked out though because I gave my girlfriend who has never really gamed my 360, and now she's beaten Fallout 3, played a ton of Skyrim, and now is playing Fable 2.

The only thing on your build i think is that you dont need that powerful of a power supply, unless you really want to sli later, you could get away with something lower.
---
i5-4670k | MSI Z87-G41 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4gb DDR3-2133 | 530w 80+ | 1tb Seagate Barracuda | Rosewill BlackHawk
#18popsurf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 11:22:45 AM
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card (02G-P4-2765-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2765-KR - EVGA

What would the next step up be to give me smooth high settings on bf4 and planetside? I laid out my full build in an earlier post
---
#19TowerBooks3192Posted 2/1/2014 11:30:42 AM
I personally love strategy and only PC gives you in depth strategy and war games. I don't mind graphics much as long as they are appropriate for the context. I would also appreciate it if the game has some or as much modern conveniences as possible like an intuitive UI. The best part about PC gaming is the sense of freedom that you are not limited to what is on offer from xboxlive/PSN/nintendo market and you have a lot of options and you are not limited to the AAA game release and have access to independent game devs that has passion for their work and not just throw out a half finished game with tons of DLCs and whatnot.

As for FPS, I reckon I improved a whole lot more on the PC using MKb compared to using controllers. I feel that there is more precision in using the mouse. It takes a bit of getting used to and its sort of the same feeling as jumping from a controller to an arcade stick where your game will significantly improve with practice.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#20popsurf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 12:10:24 PM
Graphics card? $250-$400 max? Ideas?
---