This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Octodad is far too short :/

#1thefabregas22Posted 2/1/2014 7:28:11 AM
bought the game for 7 quid (which wasn't even the full price) and it only lasts for 2 hours :/

completed it in one sitting and was surprised it was over, especially when one of the reviews said playing time was 5 hours :/

I enjoyed the gameplay but if they make a sequel it needs to be longer, also I think they should cheapen the game as it's not worth it for such a small amount of content
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#21337toothbrushPosted 2/1/2014 7:29:24 AM
What a waste of 7 squid.
---
------------
http://i.imgur.com/ZkQRDsR.png
#3PokenubPosted 2/1/2014 7:30:34 AM
1337toothbrush posted...
What a waste of 7 squid.

I GET IT!!

Anyway, I was never really expecting much from it, I'm sure the estimated gametime was counting getting used to the controls.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#4crazyray47Posted 2/1/2014 7:37:55 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
bought the game for 7 quid (which wasn't even the full price) and it only lasts for 2 hours :/

completed it in one sitting and was surprised it was over, especially when one of the reviews said playing time was 5 hours :/

I enjoyed the gameplay but if they make a sequel it needs to be longer, also I think they should cheapen the game as it's not worth it for such a small amount of content

was it worth it?
#5snesmaster40Posted 2/1/2014 7:40:03 AM
Did they run out of ink when making this game?
---
Are we not men?
#6SpazH3dPosted 2/1/2014 8:02:29 AM
That's not what his wife said! If you get my meaning.
---
- My vision is augmented
#7Ch3wyPosted 2/1/2014 8:05:53 AM
Yeah it's unfortunately one of the shortest games I've ever played. Still worth it though.

Look on the bright side though: there's going to be TONS of workshop content. They provided a good editor(the very same one the game devs used).
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#8R i c kPosted 2/1/2014 8:25:12 AM
Once I found out there were Pewdie Pie references in the game I figured it wasn't even worth looking into. Guess I was right. Evidently the ADD generation can't handle games longer than 2 hours.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#9SpazH3dPosted 2/1/2014 8:39:58 AM(edited)
R i c k posted...
Once I found out there were Pewdie Pie references in the game I figured it wasn't even worth looking into. Guess I was right. Evidently the ADD generation can't handle games longer than 2 hours.

There are? Can you find some evidence of this claim? I could google it myself, but--- OH LOOK A CAT!

PS: I do not have ADD.
---
- My vision is augmented
#10Ch3wyPosted 2/1/2014 9:29:00 AM
SpazH3d posted...
R i c k posted...

There are? Can you find some evidence of this claim? I could google it myself, but--- OH LOOK A CAT!

PS: I do not have ADD.

He's lying. There aren't any references to anything in this game.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001