This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Seiki 4K 39 inch TV for $450 is great now. I highly HIGHLY recommend it.

#31MonkeymagePosted 2/2/2014 1:06:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32PhilOnDezPosted 2/2/2014 1:11:09 PM
I don't know about the quality of the catleap monitors specifically but playing at 1440 on a 4k TV isn't going to look as good as 1440 on a 1440 monitor due to the way that the image will have to be scaled to fit the screen. 1080 will probably look better as each 1080 pixel will be exactly 4 pixels at 4k. Just for an idea of what it would look like, play a game at 1280x720 on a 1080p monitor. It doesn't look awful but I wouldn't be willing to make the compromise.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#33ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/4/2014 10:19:17 AM
I don't even think the HD channels will even go up to 4k resolution. So basically your 4K is just going to be scaled up 1080p in most cases. Its too early to be investing in a 4K TV, maybe in another 3-4 years when you can actually benefit from that resolution.
#34voldothegr8Posted 2/4/2014 10:55:09 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
I don't even think the HD channels will even go up to 4k resolution. So basically your 4K is just going to be scaled up 1080p in most cases. Its too early to be investing in a 4K TV, maybe in another 3-4 years when you can actually benefit from that resolution.

Yep, TV companies still to this day refuse to broadcast in 1080p because of bandwidth costs, or so they say. No way in hell will they ever broadcast in 4k, not in this decade. I have to agree, in 3-4 years it might be worth it but 4k Blurays aren't even out yet, Netflix is just now getting a very few select shows in 4k, and current gaming systems sure as hell will never be 4k. It just isn't worth it right now.
---
Oda break tracker 2014- 0 (2)
#35koolkid777Posted 2/4/2014 11:38:22 AM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
For people who don't know this TV is an MVA Panel 4K TV with 30hz refresh rate in 4K and 60-120Hz in other resolutiuons. MVA is great because it gives you the same viewing angles as IPS panels, but without the backlight bleed, and with way better contrast ratio and black levels.

I recently this, and it was okay, however I had many issues with it like terrible input lag, scaling, frame skipping etc.

After updating the firmware to the 50 inch model of the 4K TV. Almost all of my issues with it have been resolved. Plus, the TV now has a usable 1920 x 1080 @ 120hz mode. Before the firmware update, the TV would drop every other frame when in 120hz mode. Now it works perfectly.

The input lag is drastically reduced. It's reduced so much that even though 4K mode is 30hz, as long as you can run a game at 30fps consistently, the gameplay experience will be smooth and stable. Just think of it as if you're running a console game, except instead of 720p resolution and horrible jaggies, you get true 4K clarity. Even playing with vsync on, the input input lag is low. Huge improvement over what it was like before the firmware update.

The 1920 x 1080 @ 120hz mode is wonderful. I tested NBA 2K14 with it, and the game is just incredibly smooth. And 1080p still looks nice on the display. For people who want to game competitively, just switch to this mode.

Plus along with all of this, the display also works as a TV. Been using it for the last 2 months and it's decent enough.

For people who are still iffy on the fact that its 30hz in 4K, it's not that bad after the firmware update. Before the firmware update, many people would have considered gaming completely unplayable with the ridiculous amount of input lag there was. Now games run fine. It is basically like playing a game at 30fps on whatever random 60Hz monitor or display you have.

With a lot of monitors around this price range, you have to choose between if you want a 120 Hz refresh rate, or a Higher resolution. With this you get both, plus the ability to use it as a TV. It is the cheapest 4K display available and the picture quality is not bad at all.

one question, is 2560x1440 also locked at 30fps?

No, I have a Seiki 39 playing at 2560x1600p with 60Hz. 4k is amazing to look at, but if intended for gaming; the 30Hz limitation does get on your nerves. Even the mouse scrolling at 30Hz is annoying. But its very nice for what you pay for.
#36SampsonMPosted 2/4/2014 11:58:37 AM
It's a garbage TV. They slapped 4K on there to attract buyers eager for new technology at unbelievable prices.

There are only five brands of TV worth buying, and Seiki isn't one of them (Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sharp).
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#37SuigintouEVPosted 2/4/2014 12:38:10 PM(edited)
I don't have a problem with 30fps, but 30hz is super flickery. Even 48hz is flickery to my eyes. I need 60hz for 30fps or 72hz for 24fps minumum.

SampsonM posted...
It's a garbage TV. They slapped 4K on there to attract buyers eager for new technology at unbelievable prices.

There are only five brands of TV worth buying, and Seiki isn't one of them (Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sharp).

Toshiba too fwiw, but really the only brands worth buying are Panasonic, Samsung and LG since the others only make LCD - and Panasonic is out of the plasma game too now officially. Although Panasonic's latest unreleased LEDs apparently have plasma-level blacks (we'll find out when they're out)
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II