This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows splintercell blacklist and conviction?

#1refmonPosted 2/1/2014 1:09:19 PM
both are on sale
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#2pwnater777Posted 2/1/2014 1:10:53 PM
Conviction is amazing, I've already done 9 playthroughs, 3 for each difficulty. And trust me, it doesn't seem to get old.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#3Ticking_DeathPosted 2/1/2014 1:20:32 PM
Conviction is an absolute joke if you're looking for gameplay like the previous entries. Blacklist is better, but still nowhere near as good as something like Chaos Theory.
---
MSI Z87-G45 ATX LGA1150 | i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 2GB | Corsair XMS 1x8 GB DDR3-1600| Win7 Ultimate
Using a bow sure has its drawbacks. :V
#4MacadamianNut3Posted 2/1/2014 1:21:13 PM
I had fun with Conviction though people who loved Chaos Theory aren't usually big fans

Blacklist is supposedly better (I just got it myself) by combining the good things from the older games and Conviction
---
XBL/Steam: Barinade88 | Origin: Barinade
Roll Tide & Go Irish
#5thedeadman568Posted 2/1/2014 1:21:58 PM
Both are great, though they deviate from the older Splinter Cell games a lot.
So if you're a Splinter Cell purist, stay away, if you like fun games, get them.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#6jakisthePosted 2/1/2014 1:31:08 PM
Blacklist is great, possibly the best in the series. Conviction...not so much.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#7DiviDudePosted 2/1/2014 1:36:34 PM
thedeadman568 posted...
So if you're a Splinter Cell purist, stay away, if you like fun games, get them.

This, basically. Purists are a**holes anyways (even though Chaos Theory is the best Splinter Cell game.)
#8Dark_SpiretPosted 2/1/2014 1:41:57 PM
Conviction is fun, just as said dont approach it like a traditional SC. its coop is a blast, but its campaign is quite short(5-ish hours), tho pretty replayable. at its price now its worth it.

Blacklist imo is one of the best games of last generation. It combines Convictions more smooth gameplay and mechanics with the older games' sense of traversal and "exploration". extremely replayable and has atleast 3-4x the amount of content of conviction.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Rising - Bioshock 2 - Skyrim
#9refmon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 2:53:50 PM(edited)
Sweet thanks guys. Both look like fun plays and for 25 you can't go wrong. I should play conviction then blacklist in that order right?
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#10refmon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 2:51:27 PM
Have the other 3 games aged well?
---