This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I know resident evil 6 is not a good horror game but is it at least good?

#11somebody336Posted 2/1/2014 7:27:32 PM
Kind of fun in coop but very boring in solo imo
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#12TheWayOfTheGunPosted 2/1/2014 7:32:47 PM(edited)
Sienrurouni posted...
I just missed the upgrade system.

Ahh, forgot about that too. What were they thinking?

PathlessBullet posted...
Did they ever get rid of that awful mechanic where you had to stand still to shoot?

I still miss it to this very day.

---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#13Justice98405Posted 2/1/2014 8:06:58 PM
"looking for a zombie shooter with unlockables and i dont mind that they got rid of the horror part of the game"

Based on those requirements, yea, it's alright.

I took the plunge and bought it at launch (on PS3), and as a big fan of the series, especially earlier entries, as a 'Resident Evil' game, it's disappointing. As an action game, it's alright.

Leon's campaign was the best of the three. Helena is really annoying at times, especially early on, but overall I thought she was a pretty cool new character. Chris' campaign took the most flak for being the most action-orientated, but if you just go with it, it's alright. Jake's campaign I think is the weakest honestly. They make a new character in Jake who had the potential to be something REALLY interesting and fresh and cool, and I just don't think they pulled it off at all. And he's paired with a more grown up Sherry Berkin from RE2. Again, a lot of potential there, for a character with some history in the series, but again, I think they failed there as well. They also tried to re-create the Nemesis idea of having this unstoppable beast coming after you most of the campaign that you have to get away from constantly and deal with. Once again, I think they failed there overall as well.

But yes, take away the horror, if you are still interested, go for it. A fair number of unlockables as well, infinite weapons, hidden little things in the levels, etc.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#14Branmuffin316Posted 2/1/2014 11:18:57 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
lots of shooting + melee and lots of QTEs but little of much else.

leon's campaign is the one that at least tries to retain some of the series' roots.

Basically this. I liked Leons campaigned, hated Chris' and stopped playing it during Jake's because it was so boring.
#15PsythikPosted 2/1/2014 11:44:14 PM
Just play Dead Rising 2 instead. The last good RE game was Zero.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#16chris1001 the sequelPosted 2/1/2014 11:46:51 PM
It isn't even close to being as bad as people make it out to be. If you ignore the older ones(which are nowhere near as stingy with the ammo and healing as people make them out to be) and try to enjoy it for its own merits, it's entertaining.
#17Rage_MPosted 2/2/2014 12:00:32 AM
Resident Evil 6 is more or less a pale imitation of what the series helped define with Resident Evil 4 as far as third-person shooters are concerned. :V
---
3DS FC: 2922-0180-2041
FS Pokeman: Aipom, Loudred, Chansey
#18TheBlueDeathPosted 2/2/2014 12:03:10 AM
Rage_M posted...
Resident Evil 6 is more or less a pale imitation of what the series helped define with Resident Evil 4 as far as third-person shooters are concerned. :V

Resident evil 4 was the beginning of the end, I don't know why people enjoy it so much given the gameplay changes there are pretty much the rest of the series.

4 wasn't scary or had tension, its exactly like 5 and 6.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#19PsythikPosted 2/2/2014 12:06:25 AM
TheBlueDeath posted...
Rage_M posted...

Resident evil 4 was the beginning of the end, I don't know why people enjoy it so much given the gameplay changes there are pretty much the rest of the series.

Agreed. 4 was nothing more than a mindless shoot-em-up and every sequel since has been the exact same deal.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#20chris1001 the sequelPosted 2/2/2014 1:12:40 AM
TheBlueDeath posted...
Rage_M posted...

I had fun with 4. What really annoys me is how people rail on 6 for the QTE's, yet they are just as common in 4, yet for some reason 4 gets praise for them.