This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with driver issue.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with driver issue.
2 years ago#1
So my friend gave me an old handmedown laptop but I am having trouble with it. I reformatted it and put windows 7 on it, but there is a problem. Apparently the video card is incompatible with windows 7 because whenever I install a video driver it blue screens. I don't really know what to do, it's a zt laptop designed for vista, is there anything, apart from installing vista I can do to rig a video driver to work?
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
2 years ago#2
What video card does it have? You can try installing the latest driver package from Nvidia's/AMD's site instead of from the laptop manufacturer's site if that's where you were getting the drivers from.
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
3DS FC: 5172 0388 6449
2 years ago#3
It has a geforce 8400m GS, and I got the drivers from the main site those are the ones that crash.
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
2 years ago#4
Can you get the vista driver from the manufacturer's website? Vista drivers will work on 7.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with driver issue.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived