This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with driver issue.

#1TrunksTheMighty1Posted 2/1/2014 8:32:04 PM
So my friend gave me an old handmedown laptop but I am having trouble with it. I reformatted it and put windows 7 on it, but there is a problem. Apparently the video card is incompatible with windows 7 because whenever I install a video driver it blue screens. I don't really know what to do, it's a zt laptop designed for vista, is there anything, apart from installing vista I can do to rig a video driver to work?
---
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
#2ZethPosted 2/1/2014 8:33:38 PM
What video card does it have? You can try installing the latest driver package from Nvidia's/AMD's site instead of from the laptop manufacturer's site if that's where you were getting the drivers from.
---
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
3DS FC: 5172 0388 6449
#3TrunksTheMighty1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 10:44:42 PM
It has a geforce 8400m GS, and I got the drivers from the main site those are the ones that crash.
---
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
#4wildog2006Posted 2/1/2014 11:13:34 PM
Can you get the vista driver from the manufacturer's website? Vista drivers will work on 7.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''