The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

II damaged my gpu (not sure how serious) please respond...

#1SoulreaperX112Posted 2/1/2014 9:06:38 PM
I was trying to get it into the pcie slot but it would not go into the slot because of the case. I took off a surrounding sheild (what ever their called where the ports go) after the initial 2 for it but it still wont fit in. There is about 1-2 mm short of space to fit in. After putting the card down and giving up I noticed one of the connectershad been chipped off at the top ( it had to be done while I was putting it in I assume).

So how bad did I mess this up? I am feelibg pretty bad :(
#2SoulreaperX112(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 9:09:01 PM
It was not chipped all the way but about 1/4 of it I think I see the gold on my mobo so should I get that off as well?
#3Master_BassPosted 2/1/2014 9:14:11 PM
SoulreaperX112 posted...
After putting the card down and giving up I noticed one of the connectershad been chipped off at the top ( it had to be done while I was putting it in I assume).

I did that once to a GPU and it still worked fine. About the only thing you can do is see if it works.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#4SoulreaperX112(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 9:15:38 PM
I cant get it in and I am honestly a bit too nervous to do it now. I know I will not be able to sleep at all with it on my mind
#5SoulreaperX112(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 9:25:03 PM
If it helps I have the corsair 200r and asrock extreme 3 z87 lga 1150.
#6ZeraphLordSPosted 2/1/2014 9:29:11 PM
photos!
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#7SoulreaperX112(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 9:51:36 PM
of course It turns out two are messed up. I guess you cant learn unless you learn from your mistakes... yup that sounds about right :(

Heres an album of two pics:
http://imgur.com/a/0fXLN

I am going to have to go to sleep in a bit I am feeling pretty stupid atm though.
#8monkmithPosted 2/1/2014 9:56:43 PM
the gold pathing is still complete to the chip, you just nicked the end a bit. give it a try i bet it would still work.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#9scenicridesPosted 2/1/2014 10:08:14 PM
I'm not really seeing anything majorly wrong here at all.
---
GT:Psycho Bucka
psn :Psycho Ninja462
#10jakisthePosted 2/1/2014 10:26:58 PM
Looks fairly minor to me.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::