The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

II damaged my gpu (not sure how serious) please respond...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. II damaged my gpu (not sure how serious) please respond...

User Info: SoulreaperX112

SoulreaperX112
2 years ago#1
I was trying to get it into the pcie slot but it would not go into the slot because of the case. I took off a surrounding sheild (what ever their called where the ports go) after the initial 2 for it but it still wont fit in. There is about 1-2 mm short of space to fit in. After putting the card down and giving up I noticed one of the connectershad been chipped off at the top ( it had to be done while I was putting it in I assume).

So how bad did I mess this up? I am feelibg pretty bad :(

SoulreaperX112
2 years ago#2
It was not chipped all the way but about 1/4 of it I think I see the gold on my mobo so should I get that off as well?

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
2 years ago#3
SoulreaperX112 posted...
After putting the card down and giving up I noticed one of the connectershad been chipped off at the top ( it had to be done while I was putting it in I assume).

I did that once to a GPU and it still worked fine. About the only thing you can do is see if it works.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

SoulreaperX112
2 years ago#4
I cant get it in and I am honestly a bit too nervous to do it now. I know I will not be able to sleep at all with it on my mind

SoulreaperX112
2 years ago#5
If it helps I have the corsair 200r and asrock extreme 3 z87 lga 1150.

User Info: ZeraphLordS

ZeraphLordS
2 years ago#6
photos!
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs

SoulreaperX112
2 years ago#7
of course It turns out two are messed up. I guess you cant learn unless you learn from your mistakes... yup that sounds about right :(

Heres an album of two pics:
http://imgur.com/a/0fXLN

I am going to have to go to sleep in a bit I am feeling pretty stupid atm though.

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
2 years ago#8
the gold pathing is still complete to the chip, you just nicked the end a bit. give it a try i bet it would still work.
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.

User Info: scenicrides

scenicrides
2 years ago#9
I'm not really seeing anything majorly wrong here at all.
GT:Psycho Bucka
psn :Psycho Ninja462

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
2 years ago#10
Looks fairly minor to me.
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. II damaged my gpu (not sure how serious) please respond...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived