This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with Sims 3 Seasons know anything about this?

#1Doober2Posted 2/2/2014 3:41:33 AM
Does it snow, constantly in winter? Was watching someones lets play this morning and as soon as it went winter, it snowed and it didn't show any signs of stopping. Just looked ahead and after 40 mins of play, still hasn't seemed stopped.

Find that a bit lame tbh, I remember in the Sims 2, when you weren't guaranteed snow all the time. It would come and go throughout the season.

If that is the case for Sims 3, that it is constant. That pretty much kills that expansion for me.

Also did they remove the temperature system?
---
Currently Playing: Assassins Creed 4, Final Fantasy XIII
#2BlackMantisPosted 2/2/2014 3:49:30 AM
Haven't played in a long time, but there was always snow on the ground during the winter season.

I don't know if it snowed all the time though.
---
i5-3570k | Gigabyte Z77 UDH5 | evga GTX 680 SC | 8 gb RAM | 2TB HDD | HAF 932
#3thefabregas22Posted 2/2/2014 7:02:59 AM
No it's not constant.
Maybe he was just unlucky or possibly had a mod installed.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#4clowningPosted 2/2/2014 7:04:08 AM
It does not snow constantly during the winter.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#5Freelance_WolfPosted 2/2/2014 8:48:03 AM(edited)
The temperature system is still there.

It's like real life. It doesn't snow ALL the time, and it may actually start snowing in the fall too. There may be times where it snows a lot though, which again, is just like real life.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#6ElDudorinoPosted 2/2/2014 11:00:39 AM
In my experience, the weather system in Seasons is bugged to hell. I found that my game rained like 9 days out of 10 during Spring, Summer and Fall, except for the days just before and just after winter, when it had like a 9/10 chance of snow.

You can disable rain and snow in the options menu, and although I didn't touch snow I actually did end up disabling rain for the summer after a while because it was so annoying when I had rain every single day of an entire summer and then it seemed to be going every day of the next summer as well. My Sims were tired of monsoon season.
#7EpicKingdom_Posted 2/2/2014 1:20:28 PM
That's the least of your problems, try playing the game with all it's lag / stutters.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#8Doober2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 1:34:06 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
That's the least of your problems, try playing the game with all it's lag / stutters.

The stutters never bothered me in the Sims games. They've all had it.

It's not exactly the type of game where it matters too much, and it's a pretty acceptable issue when you think of how much data the game has in the background
---
Currently Playing: Assassins Creed 4, Final Fantasy XIII
#9EpicKingdom_Posted 2/2/2014 2:36:14 PM
Well that's you, it's a terrible experience imo. When it constantly stutters and briefly locks up. I hope Sims 4 is much better.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#10ElDudorinoPosted 2/2/2014 6:08:54 PM
Doober2 posted...
... it's a pretty acceptable issue when you think of how much data the game has in the background

Well, when the game really starts stuttering, it's usually due to a bug, which you can fix by hacking the game or using console codes to reset sim locations and such. Sims games are always pretty broken by default...