This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good new rpgs or early access?

#1L0rdCrumpPosted 2/2/2014 7:35:56 AM
For me, The Big 3 were The Banner Saga, Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin.
I also found out about these lesser known ones: Legends of Eisenwald and Age of Decadence or whatever. Anything else? Pillars of Eternity and Torment too far away.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#2DV8ingSourcesPosted 2/2/2014 10:28:17 AM
If you don't mind oldschool grid and turn based gameplay, I'm really enjoying Might and Magic X Legacy. Up to 30 hours in it now and its really quite enjoyable to explore the landscape while quicksaving all the time as any wrong turn can result in your demise. The story is weak, the voice acting terribad, and the performance at high settings (maybe all?) is atrocious. Even with all those negatives, I'm quite liking the game.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#3L0rdCrump(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 1:32:38 PM
I've seen that but I prefer more story/character driven than dungeon crawlers and such.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 2/2/2014 3:25:59 PM
Avadon 2 just came out.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#5PaukenPosted 2/2/2014 4:12:19 PM
If you don't mind buying from a source other than Steam, Drox Operative's really good. Your character is a starship, your gear starship equipment, and your enemies both always hostile monsters and sometimes hostile star empires (depending on who you ally with/piss off; the diplomacy of the factions makes every game different). Basically it's like a mix of Torchlight 2, A space strategy game, and Space Pirates and Zombies (combat is somewhat similar to SPAZ thanks to how the starship battles involve flying around with WASD and shooting with the mouse and/or hotkeys on the keyboard). Unfortunately it isn't on Steam yet (currently in Greenlight limbo), but you can get it from the dev's website. Totally worth the price tag :)
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 2/2/2014 5:01:32 PM
I'm having lots of fun with Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny.

Its a remake of one of the best RPGs in the '90s. It had a HORRIBLE start though: the game came out unplayable, with TOO many bugs, no sound in battles, incomplete gameplay, missing spells, etc. But the creators are actually working around the clock to fix everything thats bad with it, and IMHO they are doing a great job.

Game's playable now. There are still some issues, but nothing game breaking. Also, soon there'll be a Gold version, that will enhance the graphics in-battle and the AI. :)
---
If Mario was made for PCs:
http://i.imgur.com/quKMdjB.jpg