This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So who's getting Titanfall next month?

#51BeerOnTapPosted 2/2/2014 11:55:58 PM
steker16 posted...
im still undecided, but i feel like i will end up getting it.

on one hand it just looks like cod with robots. on the other hand it's made by respawn, who were former IW that made the last actually really good CoD game, so i kinda want to give them an honest chance with their first release

You are referring to CoD4 right? The best one in the series!
#52KabtheMentatPosted 2/3/2014 1:08:59 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
steker16 posted...
im still undecided, but i feel like i will end up getting it.

on one hand it just looks like cod with robots. on the other hand it's made by respawn, who were former IW that made the last actually really good CoD game, so i kinda want to give them an honest chance with their first release

MW2 was pretty whack if you ask me.

The fundamentals of the game were great. Netcode, hit detection, etc.

The problem was with items and perks. The reason they were such a problem is because after MW2 was released Activision pulled their ****, fired the two IW guys and like half the company left IW and Activision. There was literally no one there to fix the game (once a game launched or nears launch they lay off lots of people...contractors/freelancers contracts run out). They had to bring in dudes from Treyarch to handle stuff, and they were working on Black Ops 1 at the same time.

Sure, the game shouldn't have been the mess it was (although still fun), but it's not entirely pre-MW2 IW's fault for the game getting no support or a long time.
---
"New" favorite song currently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7WD0Hi3_nw
No, I'm not a lesbian.
#53KabtheMentatPosted 2/3/2014 1:11:00 AM
Mr_Delcroix posted...
The development team doesn't even understand the concept of mecha, nor how to implement it correctly other than trying too hard to not sound too "japanese" in order not to piss off the standard unintelligent dudebro who'd play this slop.

The hell would anyone buy this? It's COD with power armor.

You do know that the whole idea of walking tank things isn't Japanese, right?
---
No, I'm not a lesbian.
#54ThePonyColliePosted 2/3/2014 2:50:04 AM
Nope. Another military shooter and Origin? **** NO!
#55KabtheMentatPosted 2/3/2014 3:10:14 AM
ThePonyCollie posted...

"Another military shooter"?

Have you even seen the game? It shares gameplay from CoD, sure, but it's anything but "another military shooter."

I bet you use terms like PAAG too.
---
No, I'm not a lesbian.
#56ThePonyColliePosted 2/3/2014 3:29:56 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...

"Another military shooter"?

Have you even seen the game? It shares gameplay from CoD, sure, but it's anything but "another military shooter."

I bet you use terms like PAAG too.

What's a PAAG?
#57_LegendaryPunk_Posted 2/3/2014 3:40:57 AM
I'm definitely interested but I stopped buying games on release, even multiplayer only ones, a long time ago. If the game has any sort of depth and substance there should still be a substantial player base a few months down the road.
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."