This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hard drive only showing 100gb, and it's 1TB!

#11CaptnJonesy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 9:42:56 PM
Okay, I just did that. I understand I can install and store things there now. I just have one last question, and thank you all for being patient and answering me.

I'm using this computer for music producing, if I store all my programs in the backup drive, can I still use them all like normal and will they be in my start menu and etc? And if it's business as usual, will performance be the same as if they were all stored on the harddrive with windows on it (the 120 gb)

Thanks everyone! A bunch of life savers, you all...
#12thebladeofwoePosted 2/3/2014 2:47:37 AM
CaptnJonesy posted...
Okay, I just did that. I understand I can install and store things there now. I just have one last question, and thank you all for being patient and answering me.

I'm using this computer for music producing, if I store all my programs in the backup drive, can I still use them all like normal and will they be in my start menu and etc? And if it's business as usual, will performance be the same as if they were all stored on the harddrive with windows on it (the 120 gb)

yes you can (as long as you have a drive lettered) and it will be all gravy, also try and put your music applications on your SSD. it WILL run better and faster.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870
#13reincarnator07Posted 2/3/2014 4:17:32 AM
CaptnJonesy posted...

Put your DAW and plugins and the like on your SSD, but use your second drive for the actual audio.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#14CaptnJonesy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 6:33:28 AM
Alright guys, thank you so much! All is right in the world again haha
#15popping4itPosted 2/3/2014 10:22:56 AM
i like the easy questions like this cause i answer them and i feel better about myself.
---
whens mahvel?