This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

build pc or wait for steam box

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. build pc or wait for steam box
3 years ago#1
i got 600 bucks i found a build where i can play like bf4 on high settings 60 fps but my question is should i get a steamboxx for
$500 and put windows on 8 or just build my pc?
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
3 years ago#2
steambox target customer is people who want to be PC gamers but never had legos as a kid

sure its better than buying a premade from some store, but in the end if you can build own you computer, why would you buy one? they offer no advantage over a PC you can build yourself
3 years ago#3
steker16 posted...
steambox target customer is people who want to be PC gamers but never had legos as a kid

sure its better than buying a premade from some store, but in the end if you can build own you computer, why would you buy one? they offer no advantage over a PC you can build yourself

yeah i thought building would be a better choice wanted to see what the community thougt
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
3 years ago#4
Steam Machines are nothing more than prebuild PCs, except for a few of them, which are worse because they are not upgradable.

You can get Steam OS for free and buy Steam Controllers separately anyway, so why wait,
3 years ago#5
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Steam Machines are nothing more than prebuild PCs, except for a few of them, which are worse because they are not upgradable.

You can get Steam OS for free and buy Steam Controllers separately anyway, so why wait,
PC & Consoles > Everything
3 years ago#6
Is it true that the steambox wont be able to play most of the games as those games need a version of windows to run?
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
3 years ago#7
Panner posted...
Is it true that the steambox wont be able to play most of the games as those games need a version of windows to run?

yeah only plays linux games unless you put windows on it
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
3 years ago#8
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
Panner posted...

And is putting windows on a steambox possible?
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
3 years ago#9
Panner posted...
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
Panner posted...

And is putting windows on a steambox possible?

of course, steambox is a pc. its not a console
3 years ago#10
I guess everyone missed hearing Gaben say at CES that the Steam Machines are targeted to PC gamers looking to expand to their living room.
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. build pc or wait for steam box

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived