This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

build pc or wait for steam box

#1SILENTGHOSTS96Posted 2/2/2014 7:23:19 PM
i got 600 bucks i found a build where i can play like bf4 on high settings 60 fps but my question is should i get a steamboxx for
$500 and put windows on 8 or just build my pc?
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#2steker16Posted 2/2/2014 7:29:16 PM(edited)
steambox target customer is people who want to be PC gamers but never had legos as a kid

sure its better than buying a premade from some store, but in the end if you can build own you computer, why would you buy one? they offer no advantage over a PC you can build yourself
#3SILENTGHOSTS96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 7:37:01 PM
steker16 posted...
steambox target customer is people who want to be PC gamers but never had legos as a kid

sure its better than buying a premade from some store, but in the end if you can build own you computer, why would you buy one? they offer no advantage over a PC you can build yourself

yeah i thought building would be a better choice wanted to see what the community thougt
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#4Flaktrooper123Posted 2/2/2014 7:50:06 PM
Steam Machines are nothing more than prebuild PCs, except for a few of them, which are worse because they are not upgradable.

You can get Steam OS for free and buy Steam Controllers separately anyway, so why wait,
#5EGMRULZPosted 2/2/2014 7:53:18 PM
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Steam Machines are nothing more than prebuild PCs, except for a few of them, which are worse because they are not upgradable.

You can get Steam OS for free and buy Steam Controllers separately anyway, so why wait,

---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#6PannerPosted 2/2/2014 7:59:21 PM
Is it true that the steambox wont be able to play most of the games as those games need a version of windows to run?
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#7SILENTGHOSTS96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 8:00:39 PM
Panner posted...
Is it true that the steambox wont be able to play most of the games as those games need a version of windows to run?

yeah only plays linux games unless you put windows on it
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#8PannerPosted 2/2/2014 8:03:23 PM
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
Panner posted...

And is putting windows on a steambox possible?
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#9steker16Posted 2/2/2014 8:12:07 PM
Panner posted...
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
Panner posted...

And is putting windows on a steambox possible?

of course, steambox is a pc. its not a console
#10pwnater777Posted 2/2/2014 8:38:52 PM
I guess everyone missed hearing Gaben say at CES that the Steam Machines are targeted to PC gamers looking to expand to their living room.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe