This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

build pc or wait for steam box

#11steker16Posted 2/3/2014 4:17:42 AM
pwnater777 posted...
I guess everyone missed hearing Gaben say at CES that the Steam Machines are targeted to PC gamers looking to expand to their living room.

he can say whatever he wants when trying to promote it. but the fact is PC gamers already have gaming PC's. sure plenty will buy one if only because it has valves name on it(let ANY other company release this, and people would be laughing at them talking about how useless it is) but in no way should an average PC gamer be planning on buying one unless they are doing it as a flat out upgrade in hardware over their current gaming PC and are too lazy to just buy new parts with that money instead
#12Flaktrooper123Posted 2/3/2014 5:27:46 AM
I am going to say it again. The target market of Steam Machines are console gamers and newcomer gamers who haven't made their platform of choice, also as a way to promote PC gamers to those audience. PC gamers aren't exactly the target.
#13Yuri_LowelIPosted 2/3/2014 5:47:14 AM
Flaktrooper123 posted...
I am going to say it again. The target market of Steam Machines are console gamers and newcomer gamers who haven't made their platform of choice, also as a way to promote PC gamers to those audience. PC gamers aren't exactly the target.

Which is why they will fail miserably.

The only way a Steambox is worth it for console gamers is if they spend more than $600. Otherwise just get a Ps4.
---
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif