This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Need for Speed?

#21clowningPosted 2/3/2014 12:08:36 AM
Javelin posted...
Shub posted...
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)

---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#22KOOGARPosted 2/3/2014 12:22:36 AM
1 & 3 are the best, still!

1 when using the Rally mode/cheat
3 when using a steering wheel
#23hyperskate65Posted 2/3/2014 12:39:39 AM
NFSU2
---
his comparison suggests we're closet african americans.
PSN BlahblahUnicornx 3rd General UMvC3 Heroes
#24AnatomyHorrorPosted 2/3/2014 1:33:18 AM
Acquire posted...

People just saw 30fps cap and immediately assumed it's a horrible game when that couldn't be farther from the truth. It's tons of fun to play. Sure, it runs at the same frame rate that the console versions do, but it can look so much better. It's a beautiful game to look at. The online aspect is also a lot of fun.

To me it's the best NFS since Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2.
#25overkillwfo1978Posted 2/3/2014 1:46:26 AM
Whatever you do, don't buy Shift or Shift 2 on PC even if you find them for 50 cents. The controls on both are broken beyond belief. Especially Shift 2. That game is quite literally unplayable.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#26malkavian_feverPosted 2/3/2014 1:56:26 AM
TheOtherGuyX posted...
I honestly think the first game is the best in the series, namely the Panasonic 3DO version. It was much more of a relaxed, country stroll with a slight sim touch while going 1 on 1 with an FMV douche driver.

I had the original NFS on my PC actually. Loved the Ford Indigo concept car. I still remember the theme music was that "Here in my car" song.
#27RockLobster1996Posted 2/3/2014 1:58:54 AM
If i had to choose one, i would pick Underground 2.
---
Why did the can-crusher quit his job? Because it was Soda Pressing.
#28HighwayPilotPosted 2/3/2014 3:56:41 AM
Need For Speed 1 through 6 > everything after.
#29kill2thisPosted 2/3/2014 4:15:06 AM
Acquire posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...
Out of the three you listed, Rivals is easily the most fun regardless of 30fps cap. For the best experience play Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2/PCSX2.

People just saw 30fps cap and immediately assumed it's a horrible game when that couldn't be farther from the truth. It's tons of fun to play. Sure, it runs at the same frame rate that the console versions do, but it can look so much better. It's a beautiful game to look at. The online aspect is also a lot of fun.

^This
#30Fade2black001Posted 2/3/2014 5:51:54 AM
malkavian_fever posted...
TheOtherGuyX posted...
I honestly think the first game is the best in the series, namely the Panasonic 3DO version. It was much more of a relaxed, country stroll with a slight sim touch while going 1 on 1 with an FMV douche driver.

I had the original NFS on my PC actually. Loved the Ford Indigo concept car. I still remember the theme music was that "Here in my car" song.

I have that one and number 2 and hot pursuit still on disc. I had so much fun with NFS 1. Multiplayer was awesome. Played that all the time when I was a kid.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.