This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cancelled PC Games That Should have Existed

#1DarkshowersPosted 2/3/2014 9:11:14 AM
I know we finally got to see Duke Nukem Forever after almost 15 years after it was first announced and most fans had already given up on seeing it. The final product was a bit disappointing though it was better then nothing.

What cancelled PC games, or games like Duke Forever that have been rumored to come out years ago, do you wish existed today?

With the resurgence in adventure games, I wish they would come out with Warcraft Adventures. Based on screenshots, this was a supposed to be a pretty funny point and click adventure game where you play as an Orc named Thrall.

Also, Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury by Interplay was supposed to be the best Star Trek point and click adventure game ever but unfortunately, it got cancelled.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 2/3/2014 9:13:40 AM
Monster Truck Madness 3

Was to come out, then executive meddling and it became evolution 4x4, which wasn't as good. Then ported to xbox, which failed, then made version 2, which saw even less sales and the series was finally retired.
TRI just recently went out of business :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_Reality#History
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3Hanlo_is_backPosted 2/3/2014 9:14:10 AM
I don't know about PC games, but I"m still holding out for a true Star Fox game
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#4Sk0rbutPosted 2/3/2014 9:14:50 AM
Hmm... Obsidian's "Wheel of Time" and Fallout Van Buren spring to mind, I would have loved to play those had they not been cancelled.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#5mxpowerPosted 2/3/2014 9:21:47 AM
Not sure if they were canceled or just never planned but I'd like to see Kotor 3 and longest journey 3 show up. That online starwars knights game doesn't count as a sequel to me. And I guess the demand isn't there for LJ3 to happen but those were great point click adventure games.
---
Psn: montumech1
#6MyExtraAccountPosted 2/3/2014 9:23:33 AM
Hanlo_is_back posted...

I feel like a next-gen Star Fox game could really draw in a more mature crowd to Nintendo. Not that they have an immature audience, but let's face it, Mario and Pokemon only cater to a specific crowd. If there was Star Fox for the WiiU in 1080p AND it was perhaps open world, then I would seriously considering buying a WiiU for that alone.
---
The official Tsun of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#7ThePCElitistPosted 2/3/2014 9:25:09 AM
Starcraft Ghost
#8Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 9:30:53 AM
There is a lot Nintendo could have done going back to the N64 even - a good Starfox game or Kid Icarus for console instead of a ton of shovelware and hardily any third party support. This is why the Xbox or Playstation have been the clear winners in the last few gens.

However, this topic isn't about how much Nintendo sucks. It's about PC games.
#9pothocketPosted 2/3/2014 9:32:59 AM
Hanlo_is_back posted...

Fun fact: A Star Fox sequel was completed and ready for release but Nintendo threw it in the garbage because they though consumers would be confused about how if a SNES game can have polygons, then why would they ever need to buy a N64?
#10dennis941012Posted 2/3/2014 9:42:42 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
Starcraft Ghost

---