This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cancelled PC Games That Should have Existed

#81KanthakaPosted 2/3/2014 5:35:04 PM
biohazard1775 posted...
KOTOR 3

TOR doesn't count.

---
Don't mess with Kanthaka, he's stronger than Gheb. - lhatesourkraut
#82Freelance_WolfPosted 2/3/2014 9:41:37 PM(edited)
akuma634 posted...

Telltale's King's Quest

Are you saying it got cancelled? I haven't heard of that.

Update: Oh, I did some searching and found an article saying it was cancelled. Lame.

BTW, the original Star Fox on SNES is the best SF game ever.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#83ygfbvPosted 2/4/2014 12:46:52 AM
Journey to the centre of Arcanum.

Why did Troika have to die x.x
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/ygfbv.jpg
#84Flaktrooper123Posted 2/4/2014 12:55:37 AM
C&C Tiberium
Jagged Alliance 3
#85Rapscallion84Posted 2/4/2014 2:52:20 AM
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident 2

I mean c'mon, just look at this tech demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4y2T0-skM

Also, Homeworld 3 and Command & Conquer Generals 2
#86Kerr AvonPosted 2/4/2014 3:12:44 AM
I'd say Unreal Tournament 4, System Shock 3, and Half-Life 3.

I'm sure Epic once claimed that they'd be releasing an Unreal Tournament game ever year, or something along those lines, but never released another one after UT3. And I don't know if System Shock 3 was ever announced, but that could have been fantastic.

clowning posted...
Half Life 3

Yep. To be fair, HL3 is almost certainly in production (when it's released, it's certain to be one of the biggest selling games ever, even if it turns out to be rubbish, so Valve would have to be very stupid to not make it), but it's so annoying that Valve won't confirm that the game is coming.

-CJF- posted...
Day of the Tentacle remake. It was supposedly most the way done when it was scrapped. :(

I didn't know that. A sequel to DotT could be fantastic.

Hanlo_is_back posted...
I don't know about PC games, but I"m still holding out for a true Star Fox game

---
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#87spud_almightyPosted 2/4/2014 7:47:06 AM
JKatarn posted...
Darkshowers posted...
I know we finally got to see Duke Nukem Forever after almost 15 years after it was first announced and most fans had already given up on seeing it. The final product was a bit disappointing though it was better then nothing.

What cancelled PC games, or games like Duke Forever that have been rumored to come out years ago, do you wish existed today?

With the resurgence in adventure games, I wish they would come out with Warcraft Adventures. Based on screenshots, this was a supposed to be a pretty funny point and click adventure game where you play as an Orc named Thrall.

Also, Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury by Interplay was supposed to be the best Star Trek point and click adventure game ever but unfortunately, it got cancelled.

Calling DNF "a bit disappointing" is like calling Hiroshima "an unfortunate incident in Japan", it was widely panned for stale and somewhat buggy gameplay, long loading times, outdated graphics, and some truly tasteless shock humor. Not surprising given the number of times it was restarted over the years, a prime example of one man's blind hubris ruining a game and many careers in the process.

Good god, talk about a drama queen. Maybe it was just me but I actually did not encounter any bugs/major loading times when I first played it and I most certainly played it for the tasteless humour.

Controls were fine, graphics were not too bad and the voice overs were pretty good.

The only thing that game really did was prove how sad and pathetic the gaming community is. We finally get a perfectly playable game and they scream like 3 year olds on a temper tantrum.

Should just be grateful we actually got to have the product after so much waiting.

As far as the topic goes, Day of the Tentacle remake... man, was I feeling sad when I heard they cancelled that.
#88Rapscallion84Posted 2/4/2014 8:21:52 AM
spud_almighty posted...
JKatarn posted...
Darkshowers posted...
I know we finally got to see Duke Nukem Forever after almost 15 years after it was first announced and most fans had already given up on seeing it. The final product was a bit disappointing though it was better then nothing.

What cancelled PC games, or games like Duke Forever that have been rumored to come out years ago, do you wish existed today?

With the resurgence in adventure games, I wish they would come out with Warcraft Adventures. Based on screenshots, this was a supposed to be a pretty funny point and click adventure game where you play as an Orc named Thrall.

Also, Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury by Interplay was supposed to be the best Star Trek point and click adventure game ever but unfortunately, it got cancelled.

Calling DNF "a bit disappointing" is like calling Hiroshima "an unfortunate incident in Japan", it was widely panned for stale and somewhat buggy gameplay, long loading times, outdated graphics, and some truly tasteless shock humor. Not surprising given the number of times it was restarted over the years, a prime example of one man's blind hubris ruining a game and many careers in the process.

Good god, talk about a drama queen. Maybe it was just me but I actually did not encounter any bugs/major loading times when I first played it and I most certainly played it for the tasteless humour.

Controls were fine, graphics were not too bad and the voice overs were pretty good.

The only thing that game really did was prove how sad and pathetic the gaming community is. We finally get a perfectly playable game and they scream like 3 year olds on a temper tantrum.

Should just be grateful we actually got to have the product after so much waiting.

As far as the topic goes, Day of the Tentacle remake... man, was I feeling sad when I heard they cancelled that.

The problems with DNF go far beyond the gameplay and graphics, IMO.
#89Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 12:33:16 PM
So no one has anything to say about Warcraft Adventures?

Was I the only one who was anticipating it?
#90Aegis_RunestonePosted 2/4/2014 4:19:51 PM
Darkshowers posted...
So no one has anything to say about Warcraft Adventures?

Was I the only one who was anticipating it?

I wanted to play that, too.
---
PSN & XBox 360: WarriorAegis
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/402828/