This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looks like THE DUKE is coming back.

#21R i c kPosted 2/3/2014 2:11:54 PM
"The king makes his next generation debut in Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction. A top-down action role-playing game for PC and PlayStation."

Wat? Oh well, I never expected anything out of the DN franchise, anyway, lol.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#22JKatarnPosted 2/3/2014 2:23:31 PM
pwnater777 posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
pwnater777 posted...

I couldn't care less about how long it took them. I paid $5 for the game, and I enjoyed it.

Well there ya go. Now imagine paying ten times that amount on a game you've been looking forward to for 15 years and it being nothing like what you wanted or expected.

Also, wasn't Gearbox making a Duke Nukem Sequel too?

I did pay $55 at one point (Xbox 360), but I returned it the very next day, because at that price, it was worse than a burning bag of dog poo. When I picked it up for that $5 about a year later, I played through and could really understand what they were going for. I actually expect this next game to be released much sooner than the last, and the devs will be more to the point after analyzing all the changes made to DNF and gamer feedback.

It'll get an average reviewer score of 7/10 at least, mark my words.

Please, it may have SEEMED less crappy because you had less invested in it, but the actual quality of the game doesn't change based on price - a pile of dung is a pile of dung whether it's $5, $50, or $500, makes no difference.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#23Jprime666Posted 2/3/2014 2:28:44 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
Jprime666 posted...
pwnater777 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Hail to the king, baby.

Is it so wrong that I loved DN: F?

Yes! It means you're encouraging them to stick to a 20-year development cycle. :P

I couldn't care less about how long it took them. I paid $5 for the game, and I enjoyed it.

Saying you paid pleased with a game for $5, but they released it for $60 says a lot about how good it was right?

I paid $10 for it and was happy with the purchase. I actually had quite a bit of fun. It wasn't as good as Duke Nukem 3D but it still still a nice break from modern FPS trends that we have today.

How was it different from most modern FPS? It was a linear, slow paced, bland looking, cover-based shooter.
---
Zvarri!
#24SpazH3dPosted 2/3/2014 3:38:54 PM
Jprime666 posted...
How was it different from most modern FPS? It was a linear, slow paced, bland looking, cover-based shooter.

I don't think DNF had a cover system. You forgot immature and with terrible turret sections. They turned Duke into a 15 year old instead of a badass bruce willis.
---
- My vision is augmented
#25R i c kPosted 2/3/2014 3:46:55 PM
SpazH3d posted...
I don't think DNF had a cover system. You forgot immature and with terrible turret sections. They turned Duke into a 15 year old instead of a badass bruce willis.

Duke was never mature, lol.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#26Jprime666Posted 2/3/2014 6:02:01 PM
SpazH3d posted...
Jprime666 posted...

I didn't mean a literal stick-to-cover system. I mean just like in every other modern shooter you take a bit of damage and hide away behind a wall or some other cover until it regenerates.

And I forgot those horrible turret sections. And that dreadful driving bit in the desert. **** DNF didn't do anything right.

As a Duke Nukem game it's a complete failure because it's nothing like what you'd expect. You'd think it'd be a fast paced shooter with a lot of guns and open areas. And even as a modern, linear shooter it's not very good. It's slow, ugly, most of the guns feel weak, and there's tons of crappy sequences that break up the games already bad pace.
---
Zvarri!
#27arleasPosted 2/3/2014 7:52:22 PM
The thing I remember most about DNF is that it had so much potential, but it's like they were trying to cram as much cool stuff into the game without actually making any of it cool. There's a pinball game in DNF but it's the worst pinball game ever... you can shoot hoops but it feels clumsy, there's a part where you have to drive a radio controlled car around... but for what? This is all like in the first hour of the game too... why is all of that in there?

It's like it was a tech demo for stuff that was supposed to be fleshed out later and gearbox just said "f*** it, we'll do it live!" and we got what we got... but yeah, I only spent $5 on it and felt like I could have had more fun if I got $5 worth of pennies to throw at homeless people.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#28Cool_Dude667Posted 2/3/2014 7:57:32 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
Thought this was referring to the original X-box controller.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg

lol
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#29spud_almightyPosted 2/3/2014 11:38:44 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Hail to the king, baby.

Is it so wrong that I loved DN: F?

No, I thought it was great fun but saying that I am not a fussy little b***h.
#30NobyNobyManPosted 2/4/2014 5:14:16 AM
ALL HAIL DUKE
DUKE IS LIFE
---
http://i.imgur.com/MQ0WoJb.gif