This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your current mouse? What do you look for in one?

#1TwiliLord666Posted 2/3/2014 12:00:24 PM
Wireless Logitech M705.

Dat hyperfast scrolling. (There's an switch for regular scrolling when you want to game, of course)

Really like the battery life, USB, size, and feel. Portable mouse, but hand does not cramp ever. Good price point too.
---
You Only Die Once
#2DetectivPenguinPosted 2/3/2014 12:06:14 PM
Zowie FK, Great feel, perfect sensor, perfect for gaming with non-palm grippers, and good for small handers.
---
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
#3Jprime666Posted 2/3/2014 12:23:18 PM
deathadder

The mouse wheel is broken. I am sad.
---
Zvarri!
#4BogePosted 2/3/2014 12:23:18 PM
Durability, shape/comfort, side buttons, cable that won't snag, under $40.

I'm using the G400s right now. It's good. I miss the free scrolling wheel from the G500. And for some reason this cable seems a bit stiffer than my G500. I'm getting some resistance. Wireless mice are too darn heavy though, so that's not an option. I had an OCZ mouse once that had a really thin wire. I wish more mice did that.
---
How I see nearly every GameFAQs user: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2WriEmH5c
#5TwiliLord666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 12:45:24 PM
Boge posted...
Durability, shape/comfort, side buttons, cable that won't snag, under $40.

I'm using the G400s right now. It's good. I miss the free scrolling wheel from the G500. And for some reason this cable seems a bit stiffer than my G500. I'm getting some resistance. Wireless mice are too darn heavy though, so that's not an option. I had an OCZ mouse once that had a really thin wire. I wish more mice did that.

My M705 lets you put it only 1 AA battery if desired, for appr. Half the battery life (batt life w/ both advertised as 3 yrs)

Free scroll is awesome.
---
You Only Die Once
#6AskeladdPosted 2/3/2014 12:54:16 PM(edited)
Steelseries Sensei Raw.

Shape and at least 2 thumb buttons are a must.

Also, it has to look like a mouse and not some silly over-designed transformer.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#7LOLIAmAnAltPosted 2/3/2014 12:58:30 PM
G700

I needed a wireless mouse and preferred many buttons.

I know laser wireless mouses aren't 'supremely optimal' for gaming or something, but it's what i needed!
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#8YOeastonYOPosted 2/3/2014 1:49:23 PM
GX1000

Probably the best purchase I've made computer related. Feels great, looks awesome, and the software and custom profiles are great and easy to use.
---
FX-9590 | Antec Kuhler h2o 1220 | ASUS 7970 | ROG Crosshair V | Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD | ROG Raidr | Antec TPQ-1200 | Antec DF-85 | AMD Radeon RG2133 |
#9ukemandwnbuPosted 2/3/2014 1:50:18 PM
I'm taking notes on good mice for gaming when I get around to custom-building my gaming PC sometime in the near future. Many options to choose from now after reading this topic.
#10_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 2/3/2014 2:06:56 PM
The main things I look for are
-Comfortable shape
-Comfortable surface material / coating
-Sensor without acceleration
-Sensor without prediction
-Low lift off distance
-High max tracking speed

I used to use a WMO 1.1 (for a long time) but the low max tracking speed led me to go for something else. I used the Zowie FK, and really liked it. The deathadder is a very different shape that I really like. I actually prefer the glossy special versions (3.5G), but have to use the "tapetrick" for the LOD.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Deathadder 3.5G full gloss | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H