This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are all LotR games generic hack n slash?

#1Phaser23Posted 2/3/2014 4:35:36 PM
It seems like they are all the same, pick a character and kill 100 enemies, go to the next part, kill 100 more enemies.. why is there no innovation?
#2Jprime666Posted 2/3/2014 4:38:07 PM
Because the developers who make them aren't good developers
---
Zvarri!
#3KillerTrufflePosted 2/3/2014 4:38:16 PM
LOTR:BFME I'm not sure would qualify as generic hack n slash...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4SpazH3dPosted 2/3/2014 4:45:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5EasylePosted 2/3/2014 5:04:09 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
LOTR:BFME I'm not sure would qualify as generic hack n slash...

generic rts?
#6KillerTrufflePosted 2/3/2014 5:05:50 PM
Not so generic actually... it played a good bit different than any other RTS at the time. And it was actually pretty fun.
---
#7rpgianPosted 2/3/2014 5:15:24 PM
How often do film based games really stand out in charm and unique quality? As far as the rights holders are concerned its just another form out tshirt. Stamp,print, cross fingers, please sell please sell. I'm sure overworked developers have no problems getting paid the same on projects of little consequence too. In fact I bet they all have to draw straws or something for the spot its so desirable.
#8Revival125Posted 2/3/2014 5:21:29 PM
Because they don't want to put the effort in to make a game that actually has the scale of fighting in some of the movie battles.
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#9LvthnPosted 2/3/2014 5:27:45 PM
LOTRO was a pretty damn solid PvE MMO that actually did break the mold just a bit in the variety of quests, and originally it was mildly hardcore...was some time before they included quest markers, you had to figure it out based on the quest text.
#10KillerTrufflePosted 2/3/2014 5:31:02 PM
I played LOTRO for a little bit, and everything about it honestly screamed "I'm just another MMO." From the interface, to the camping enemy spawn locations to try and complete quests, to the interactions with other players (names, constant chat that breaks immersion, etc.). I tried to like the game, but MMOs just aren't for me, and there was nothing that set it apart for me really.
---