This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help me build a computer that will play latest WoW expansions @ 60 FPS...

#11PhilOnDezPosted 2/3/2014 8:55:48 PM
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2MTAk

Something like this will run it great. I think it's getting a graphical overhaul in the near-ish future so while this might be a bit overkill I'd rather have a little too much over not quite enough. I haven't played it in like 2.5 years aside from accepting a scroll of resurrection after building my current PC so I'm not really up to date on the news, the overhaul may have already happened or it may be happening with Warlords of Draenor.

I just included a single 250gb SSD since you didn't really mention any need for storage, if all the computer is for is WoW and internet stuff it should be plenty. If you need more than that you could cut back to a 120gb drive and add a 1tb HDD without increasing the price, or just toss an HDD on top of the 250gb if the price isn't an issue. WoW on an SSD was great though, especially after years of playing it off of mechanical laptop drives.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#12xxxROCOxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 9:17:09 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2MTAk

Something like this will run it great. I think it's getting a graphical overhaul in the near-ish future so while this might be a bit overkill I'd rather have a little too much over not quite enough. I haven't played it in like 2.5 years aside from accepting a scroll of resurrection after building my current PC so I'm not really up to date on the news, the overhaul may have already happened or it may be happening with Warlords of Draenor.

I just included a single 250gb SSD since you didn't really mention any need for storage, if all the computer is for is WoW and internet stuff it should be plenty. If you need more than that you could cut back to a 120gb drive and add a 1tb HDD without increasing the price, or just toss an HDD on top of the 250gb if the price isn't an issue. WoW on an SSD was great though, especially after years of playing it off of mechanical laptop drives.

THANK YOU!!
#13xxxROCOxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 9:18:17 PM
Spawn_LOLs posted...
Just in case you good sir are serious i will tell you that you can achieve your goal for less than 1K.

Of course you will have to say at what resolution you want to play and if you already have a monitor and all peripherals (mouse, keyboard).

I do not have any peripherals. I've basically been a console gamer my whole life. I am serious. I want max/ultra graphics with best resolution.
#14Spawn_LOLsPosted 2/3/2014 9:22:58 PM
xxxROCOxxx posted...
Spawn_LOLs posted...
Just in case you good sir are serious i will tell you that you can achieve your goal for less than 1K.

Of course you will have to say at what resolution you want to play and if you already have a monitor and all peripherals (mouse, keyboard).

I do not have any peripherals. I've basically been a console gamer my whole life. I am serious. I want max/ultra graphics with best resolution.

Ok then! If it is just for wow you dont need that much really, like i said. But if you want to play every recent game at ultra settings with at least 1080p resolution without any problem at all i think that someone here could suggest an amazing system for like 2K that will be able to do the work easy.
#15Rapscallion84Posted 2/4/2014 4:11:14 AM
Get the best processor you can afford and as much RAM as you can stuff in, the GPU isn't nearly as important as CPU for WoW.

Also, I doubt anyone runs a consistent 60+ FPS with WoW these days, irrespective of PC specs. Maybe they do, but you really need to have put a LOT of thought into your setup.
#16xxxROCOxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 9:21:48 AM
Rapscallion84 posted...
Get the best processor you can afford and as much RAM as you can stuff in, the GPU isn't nearly as important as CPU for WoW.

Also, I doubt anyone runs a consistent 60+ FPS with WoW these days, irrespective of PC specs. Maybe they do, but you really need to have put a LOT of thought into your setup.

Some dude was saying on the WoW board that his built PC can run WoW at 80 FPS.....
#17ShubPosted 2/4/2014 9:24:30 AM
It's easy to run WoW at 60+ fps sometimes. It's harder to guarantee it will stay at 60+ fps all the time.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#18Rapscallion84Posted 2/4/2014 9:30:02 AM
xxxROCOxxx posted...
Rapscallion84 posted...

Some dude was saying on the WoW board that his built PC can run WoW at 80 FPS.....

Someone might come in and disagree with me here, but in my experience there is not a configuration you could sensibly build that would prevent WoW from dipping below 60 FPS occasionally or (more likely) relatively frequently.
#19BowsaaPosted 2/4/2014 9:40:28 AM
Even never really having played the game, I'd be inclined to agree with Rapscallion. MMOs can be surprisingly demanding.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#20xxxROCOxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 5:12:38 PM
Rapscallion84 posted...
xxxROCOxxx posted...
Rapscallion84 posted...

Someone might come in and disagree with me here, but in my experience there is not a configuration you could sensibly build that would prevent WoW from dipping below 60 FPS occasionally or (more likely) relatively frequently.

Huh?