This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My problem with digital copies.....

#1oddball7465Posted 2/3/2014 8:27:24 PM
Instead of spending 5min installing a game, I'm waiting 5 hours to download it....
---
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of something that is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions of hope.
#2Digital StormPosted 2/3/2014 8:29:29 PM
Either it's a really big game or you have a slow ISP.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3oddball7465(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 8:31:17 PM
Big game
---
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of something that is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions of hope.
#4-5xad0w-Posted 2/3/2014 8:35:07 PM
Good point.

On the other hand when I reformat instead of swapping disc after disc while entering CD keys and then patching, often manually, I just select the games I want re-installed from steam and go to bed.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#5SlaynPosted 2/3/2014 8:37:56 PM
What games take 5 minutes to install off of a disc? Also you have to fully patch them, that could take a while too. And then you have a bunch of disc cases sitting around. Also have to go to the store and rarely will you find a game for the same prices as Steam. By the time you go to the store, pick it up, go home, install, patch... it's about the same. But you never had to put on pants.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#6PhilOnDezPosted 2/3/2014 8:39:01 PM
My internet is a fair bit faster than my disc drive. I installed Skyrim from the disc figuring I'd save the bandwidth and was shocked at how long it took.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7SlaynPosted 2/3/2014 8:43:44 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
My internet is a fair bit faster than my disc drive. I installed Skyrim from the disc figuring I'd save the bandwidth and was shocked at how long it took.

Anyone else remember Battlefield 2? Took FOREVER to fully install, between all the discs, cd keys, expansion packs, having to download all these patches. Sometimes you had to download from version X to version Y before the latest version Z. It was probably the most painful game to reinstall if you had the original only.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#8ThePCElitistPosted 2/3/2014 8:57:02 PM
I don't have to wait anywhere near that amount of time to download a game from Steam or Origin.
#9DerPancakePosted 2/3/2014 9:00:30 PM
I download games faster than they would install from the disc drive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#10Cool_Dude667Posted 2/3/2014 9:02:15 PM
DerPancake posted...
I download games faster than they would install from the disc drive.

You also listen to Taylor Swift, we can't all be winners >.>
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi