This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggest me a good RPG of the last Five Years.

#21SinisterSlayPosted 2/10/2014 12:11:22 PM
maybecalls posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
Mount and Blade Warband

Yeah, that. 847 hours so far.

I've lost count of my hours as I've played it lots offline as well.

Definitely recommended.

I've never used the first person mode.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#22SinfullyvannilaPosted 2/10/2014 12:17:11 PM
Drakensang. I think it's actually from 08 though so it may not strictly fit your parameters.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#23TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 2/10/2014 12:32:01 PM
Dark Souls. It's renowned for being difficult, and it is, but it feels great learning the ropes and eventually becoming pretty good. And then you can do it all over again with different weapons, armor, covenants, etc. on a new character, or you can try New Game+.

If you do play it (on PC), I recommend a controller but some people say DSMfix makes it playable with keyboard and mouse. You'll want DSfix and you should take a look around the Dark Souls Nexus for other mods that interest you.
---
Steam: Sydite
#24YuniuninuniunPosted 2/10/2014 12:37:07 PM
Divinty: Original Sin is in pre-alpha testing right now. Still has lots of hours that you can play, expect lots of bugs though. The game is story driven and it's in pre-alpha so it's not all there. Might be a no because of that. Though it's still really fun to play.
---
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
#25clowningPosted 2/10/2014 12:42:26 PM
Mount and Blade: Warband. One of the greatest games ever created, period.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#26GyrospeckPosted 2/10/2014 2:09:40 PM
I enjoyed Risen quite a bit.