This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who makes the VRAM in your video card...?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Who makes the VRAM in your video card...?
1 year ago#1
Who makes the VRAM in your video card? - Results (86 votes)
Samsung
24.42% (21 votes)
Hynix
47.67% (41 votes)
Elpida
16.28% (14 votes)
Other
11.63% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2329/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-7-6/

Use the latest version of GPU-Z to find out!
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080110155361/reboot/images/c/c5/Bob2.jpg
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
1 year ago#2
Ah, this topic should be more successful than mine now that GPU-Z can detect the VRAM manufacturer.

My old 7950 had Hynix; found out by taking the card apart.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | - | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
1 year ago#3
Snuckie7 posted...
Ah, this topic should be more successful than mine now that GPU-Z can detect the VRAM manufacturer.

Wait is that 8GB of Samsung Wonder RAM you have in your build right there? =D

And also, what card did you get?
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
1 year ago#4
My 660 Ti has Hynix.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
1 year ago#5
MaKhaos posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Wait is that 8GB of Samsung Wonder RAM you have in your build right there? =D

And also, what card did you get?

I do indeed have Samsung wonder RAM.

Still cardless though :(
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | - | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
1 year ago#6
Unfortunately Elpida. I am not sure why MSI picked that one in their otherwise great 780 Lightning.
1 year ago#7
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Unfortunately Elpida. I am not sure why MSI picked that one in their otherwise great 780 Lightning.

Probably to compete in cost.
---
1 year ago#8
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Flaktrooper123 posted...

Jacob at EVGA said it had more to do with a supply issue, although that could still be related to cost.
---
1 year ago#9
Snuckie7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Flaktrooper123 posted...

Jacob at EVGA said it had more to do with a supply issue, although that could still be related to cost.

Might explain why my EVGA 660 has Hynix instead of Samsung.
---
1 year ago#10
Elpida, apparently. Don't really know what that means in terms of anything, though.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Who makes the VRAM in your video card...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived