This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The PC Gaming Market Is Flipping Enormous

#21Kerr AvonPosted 2/4/2014 12:08:42 PM
I'll never understand the people who think PC gaming is dying, Steam alone shows that the PC gaming market is huge and that PC gamers will pay for a good game.

I've been a PC owner since 1996, and even back the people were predicting the end of the PC as a gaming platform.
---
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#22Hi CPosted 2/4/2014 12:25:07 PM
xBrokenxHalox posted...
pothocket posted...
I think this concept of some PC gamers being too "consoley" and therefor don't count as PC gamers is hilarious. I'd like to hear more of that logic explained.

While I don't necessarily agree with what he is saying...

It's like how there are people who own a console, but the only thing they play is the new madden every year. Or like how CoD bought in a large number of people who otherwise would never have played a video game. Or how Skyrim attracted a lot of people who would never have played an rpg. They are non-gamers attracted to watered down, shallow, casual games and play them because their friends do.

Mobas are pretty much the CoD of PC gaming at the moment.

Someone should ask Nintendo where all their "real gamers" went that bought the Wii 6 years ago.
---
You'll be my John G.
#23samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 12:58:33 PM
Hi C posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...
pothocket posted...
I think this concept of some PC gamers being too "consoley" and therefor don't count as PC gamers is hilarious. I'd like to hear more of that logic explained.

It's like how there are people who own a console, but the only thing they play is the new madden every year. Or like how CoD bought in a large number of people who otherwise would never have played a video game. Or how Skyrim attracted a lot of people who would never have played an rpg. They are non-gamers attracted to watered down, shallow, casual games and play them because their friends do.

Someone should ask Nintendo where all their "real gamers" went that bought the Wii 6 years ago.

And then he compared the entirety of PC gaming to 1 console.

Do you realize PC gaming includes people who:
- play on custom-made very expensive Desktops built for gaming
- play on laptops and don't give a damn if it doesn't have the best graphics
- play on Linux-based machines and don't care if they have fewer games
- play on Apple computers and don't care if they have fewer games
- play on browsers and actually spend hours with some iPhone game port
- play on Facebook with friends some social crap like Farmville
- everything and anything else that involves PERSONAL COMPUTERS

You want to compare that to a console? You are either 14 or just have really, really low IQ.
#24Richardthe3rdPosted 2/4/2014 1:36:10 PM
xBrokenxHalox posted...
pothocket posted...

Everything you just said in this post is the exact same reason people play on consoles.

Console players = non console players confirmed.

No wait, everything you just said is the exact reason people play video games.

People who play video games = non-gamers confirmed.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#25OreoBoy206Posted 2/4/2014 2:00:05 PM
Wait, people that play MMOs are considered casual players now? I always thought people that consistently play MMOs were pretty hardcore.. Being dedicated to one game and tirelessly grinding and socializing with other players in the game sounds pretty hardcore to me..
#26Hi CPosted 2/4/2014 3:22:23 PM
OreoBoy206 posted...
Wait, people that play MMOs are considered casual players now? I always thought people that consistently play MMOs were pretty hardcore.. Being dedicated to one game and tirelessly grinding and socializing with other players in the game sounds pretty hardcore to me..

No real MMO's since WoW came out. Eve is probably the only thing remaining still holding true and continuing the original MMO vision of Everquest, Ultima Online, Asherons Call, Star Wars Galaxies, etc.

MMO's today are more like single player mainstream RPG's with forced online DRM and optional co-op.
---
You'll be my John G.
#27samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 4:14:53 PM
Hi C posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...

No real MMO's since WoW came out. Eve is probably the only thing remaining still holding true and continuing the original MMO vision of Everquest, Ultima Online, Asherons Call, Star Wars Galaxies, etc.

MMO's today are more like single player mainstream RPG's with forced online DRM and optional co-op.

You know who is a real PC gamer, you know who is a real console gamer, you know what is a real MMO, but apparently you have yet to be introduced to common sense.
#28Sc24lifePosted 2/4/2014 4:23:35 PM(edited)
sirtonne posted...
PC gaming market rising, PC market in rapid decline.
It's not unlike the housing bubble where things seem great now but there's a steep cliff of unsustainability in the near future from PC's becoming obsolete because of tablets and smartphones.

So all of those old pcs that people have will just languish in dust because of tablets and smartphones? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that people would choose a smartphone or tablet experience over that of a console or pc when they have the opportunity to use any of the above.
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#29OreoBoy206Posted 2/4/2014 4:35:06 PM
Hi C posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...

Just because something doesn't fit into the traditional MMO mold does not mean it's not a "real" MMO. A MMO does not need to be a RPG either, If it's massively multiplayer and online (with the world being a persistent one) then it's a MMO..
#30LOLIAmAnAltPosted 2/4/2014 11:30:24 PM
Why is everyone feeding the troll?

I guess it can be fun sometimes...nevermind!
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll