This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Path of Exile players, PoE currency is 15% off

#11machetemanPosted 2/4/2014 7:56:29 AM
youngfossil posted...
water1111 posted...
p2w=f2p

That's stupid if you believe that and not even worth debating

good day sir.
#12ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/4/2014 7:59:43 AM
The community in PoE is pretty horrendous though. Its not as bad as LoL though which is by far the most terrible gaming community.

I quit playing PoE after they nerfed everything in 1.0. Which is the 5th MMO game I've quit over nerfs.

I like D2 better, because for the most part Blizzard left the freaking game alone, and didn't release major changes randomly that effected the game and play styles for a lot of people in a hugely negative way.

There is never anything positive about having to rebuild and regear ever single one of your characters, and the previous gear they were using that you spent a lot of currency on now being next to worthless.

I also don't like the way they do the leagues in PoE. It seems like they're encouraging players to play the 3 month leagues, which means you have to start over from scratch, and then they call the permanent league "standard" the "dumpster league" and treat it as such. Basically its not a great game if you like keeping what you've worked for, because that means being in a league with a broken economy.

I also don't like the practice of them leaving legacy items in the game, if they're going to nerf stuff, make it retroactive so its fair to everybody, and so they don't create a bunch of high ticket items that are non-renewable. Its a bit discouraging in a game that revolves around loot to see a bunch of items that exist that you'll never get because you weren't around when those items used to drop.

PoE has as many, or more flaws than any other FTP game. The RMTing is popular enough in PoE, where the game may as well be PTW even if the devs don't officially endorse it.

Personally, I'd much rather play a single player offline ARPG so I don't have to deal with a terrible community, and in game economy that is a wreck. And if I want to cheat, I'll just hack some items up and play the game how I like because its single player offline.
#13ThePylonPosted 2/4/2014 8:10:58 AM
water1111 posted...
lol at paying for currency in a P2W game.

Lol path of exile a P2W game.... have you even played it? The only thing you can buy is cosmetic and maybe stash extensions.
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#14water1111Posted 2/4/2014 8:20:51 AM
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...

Lol path of exile a P2W game.... have you even played it? The only thing you can buy is cosmetic and maybe stash extensions.

I don't differentiate between p2w and f2p.
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#15r0ge00Posted 2/4/2014 8:27:05 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
The community in PoE is pretty horrendous though. Its not as bad as LoL though which is by far the most terrible gaming community. I quit playing PoE after they nerfed everything in 1.0. Which is the 5th MMO game I've quit over nerfs.

The community is no worse or better than any other online game. A lot of the stuff they nerfed was pretty OP, and it didn't get nerfed so much that it's unusable. It's not a MMO....

I like D2 better, because for the most part Blizzard left the freaking game alone, and didn't release major changes randomly that effected the game and play styles for a lot of people in a hugely negative way.

Heaven forbid they try to balance and tweak things. Summoners recently got buffed in that last patch. Yah, that really affected me in a hugely negative way.

There is never anything positive about having to rebuild and regear ever single one of your characters, and the previous gear they were using that you spent a lot of currency on now being next to worthless.

Nothing was made worthless with changes. It might be worth less than it was before, but 95% of items that were good before changes are still good after changes. A lot of times, items even increase in value. Not to mention, during the time you were playing, you were in open BETA, meaning stuff can still drastically change.

I also don't like the way they do the leagues in PoE. It seems like they're encouraging players to play the 3 month leagues, which means you have to start over from scratch, and then they call the permanent league "standard" the "dumpster league" and treat it as such. Basically its not a great game if you like keeping what you've worked for, because that means being in a league with a broken economy.

Oh no, more options for playing the game? How dare they! D2 had ladders, the leagues are akin to that. The economy in standard Battlenet US East and US West wasn't any better than PoE's "dumpster league".

I also don't like the practice of them leaving legacy items in the game, if they're going to nerf stuff, make it retroactive so its fair to everybody, and so they don't create a bunch of high ticket items that are non-renewable. Its a bit discouraging in a game that revolves around loot to see a bunch of items that exist that you'll never get because you weren't around when those items used to drop.

PoE has as many, or more flaws than any other FTP game. The RMTing is popular enough in PoE, where the game may as well be PTW even if the devs don't officially endorse it.

"Boo hoo, I can't afford legacy items, now my build is 5% less optimal." Legacy items are in no way required to play the game or play it well. There were Legacy items in D2 as well and they were massively duped. RMT exists in just about every online game so calling it out in PoE is pointless.

You seem to be wanting to play something like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Sacred Gold/2, Torchlight 1/2, D2 w/MXL, etc. The game is far from perfect (it could use a few slight tweaks and maybe even a major one or two), but your issues are pretty par for the course for most online games.
#16ThePylonPosted 2/4/2014 8:27:18 AM
water1111 posted...
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...

Ah yes I forgot about ignorance. This game is less f2p and more "give us money only if you like it" GUMOIYLI just doesnt roll off the tongue.
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#17water1111Posted 2/4/2014 8:29:06 AM
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...

Ah yes I forgot about ignorance. This game is less f2p and more "give us money only if you like it" GUMOIYLI just doesnt roll off the tongue.

I still don't give a *****. nothing will change my opinion.
---
You are born Free but taxed to death
#18AltmadragonPosted 2/4/2014 8:37:37 AM(edited)
water1111 posted...
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...

LOL p2w literally means pay to win.
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#19Fade2black001Posted 2/4/2014 8:36:02 AM
water1111 posted...
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...

fact>opinion

p2w= Play 2 win

F2P= fun 2 play

lol
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#20TowerBooks3192Posted 2/4/2014 8:40:08 AM
water1111 posted...
ThePylon posted...
water1111 posted...

I was like that prior to seeing path of exile since these guys are really ethical about the stuff they charge. They charge you for extra character slots and stash tabs but the number of tabs and character slots are reasonable enough that it doesn't sort of force you to purchase more unless you are really dead serious about playing the game.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower