This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Path of Exile players, PoE currency is 15% off

#21AltmadragonPosted 2/4/2014 7:40:24 AM
trolls on this board just get more ignorant by the hour.
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#22Fade2black001Posted 2/4/2014 7:45:38 AM
Altmadragon posted...
trolls on this board just get more ignorant by the hour.

lol
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#23ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/4/2014 7:59:58 AM
r0ge00 posted...

The community is no worse or better than any other online game. A lot of the stuff they nerfed was pretty OP, and it didn't get nerfed so much that it's unusable. It's not a MMO....

Uh, yeah its technically an MMO if its online only. Which PoE is.

Heaven forbid they try to balance and tweak things. Summoners recently got buffed in that last patch. Yah, that really affected me in a hugely negative way.

I personally disagreed with at least 3 out of 4 balancing changes they ever made to the game, and I started playing PoE in closed beta. That is a horrendous record IMO for balancing changes. I never like them all in any game, but I mostly disagreed with the changes they made to PoE outside of extra content. Changes to auras and drop rates were HUGE. People were asking for a drop rate increase, but they ended up getting a nerf instead, because they lowered the diminishing returns. Playing solo gets far worse drop rates now.

Nothing was made worthless with changes. It might be worth less than it was before, but 95% of items that were good before changes are still good after changes. A lot of times, items even increase in value. Not to mention, during the time you were playing, you were in open BETA, meaning stuff can still drastically change.

No, I'm sorry but sporker was completely non-functional as it was pre-patch. And my facebreaker build got severely nerfed in both DPS and survivability. Yeah, lower survivability even with the HP node buff because I couldn't run 3 auras anymore. The aura nerfs were total BS.

And I played D2 standard economy for many years, and have played PoE since closed beta, so I have a decent amount of experience playing both games. The difference between D2 and PoE, is in PoE everything scales up with gear, and you could get by with less gear in D2 than in PoE which will get you wrecked repeatedly. I did a no gear sorcerer playthough on D2 hell mode, and I did enough damage to kill stuff, including bosses. Nobody can do that in PoE. Not even summoners. The very minimum you need for summoner is leveled gems, and some OK rares, and 4Ls.

"Boo hoo, I can't afford legacy items, now my build is 5% less optimal." Legacy items are in no way required to play the game or play it well. There were Legacy items in D2 as well and they were massively duped. RMT exists in just about every online game so calling it out in PoE is pointless.

Items only increase in value if they were made "legacy". Like for example, legacy 1000% facebreaker mitts, or legacy Kaoms.

And BTW, I was loaded with Legacy items because I've been playing since closed beta. I personally had a legacy kaoms, shavs, facebreaker, and soul taker. So my complaints have nothing to do with my inability to afford those items, because I already had them. And I gave them all away for FREE to friends.

And legacy 1000% facebreaker is a ton more DPS than the nerfed facebreaker mitts, over 25% more.

You seem to be wanting to play something like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Sacred Gold/2, Torchlight 1/2, D2 w/MXL, etc. The game is far from perfect (it could use a few slight tweaks and maybe even a major one or two), but your issues are pretty par for the course for most online games.

Honestly, I'd recommend any of those above games you mentioned before I'd recommend PoE to anybody.
#24youngfossilPosted 2/4/2014 8:14:18 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
r0ge00 posted...

The community is no worse or better than any other online game. A lot of the stuff they nerfed was pretty OP, and it didn't get nerfed so much that it's unusable. It's not a MMO....

Uh, yeah its technically an MMO if its online only. Which PoE is.

Naw man... POE isnt an MMO. It's an ARPG. always online =/= MMO.
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#25CallmegePosted 2/4/2014 8:37:07 AM
Born Lucky posted...
I uninstalled PoE a month ago, and I'm not looking back.

The desync was bad enough and got me killed a lot in higher difficulties, but I was also getting one shotted by stuff off screen, and that's an instant loss of experience.

The last straw was when I realized that turning one sword and one helmet the color I wanted . . . cost . . . $50 .

Ridiculous.

This. The final straw for me was when I reached the end of a zone and 3 times in a row it disconnected me when I clicked to move onto the next zone. The servers are absolute s*** on that game and all the devs now care about is making fancy spell and glowy sword effects, rather than fixing their hideously broken game.

Another problem is the shocking drop rate for anything other than total trash. The drop rate isn't just low, it's virtually non-existent. It's almost like the game WAS pay2win and they're just trying to encourage you to buy the item you want from the item shop. Except there is no item shop.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#26r0ge00Posted 2/4/2014 8:51:41 AM
Callmege posted...
This. The final straw for me was when I reached the end of a zone and 3 times in a row it disconnected me when I clicked to move onto the next zone. The servers are absolute s*** on that game and all the devs now care about is making fancy spell and glowy sword effects, rather than fixing their hideously broken game.

I've only had this become a problem when I had a very bad WiFi connection. I've never had any problems outside of that one instance. Just giving my experience on that particular issue.

Another problem is the shocking drop rate for anything other than total trash. The drop rate isn't just low, it's virtually non-existent. It's almost like the game WAS pay2win and they're just trying to encourage you to buy the item you want from the item shop. Except there is no item shop.

Sounds like you had some bad luck. I've found plenty of nice items with little to no increased item rarity (Domination characters so no increased item quantity). The best part about the game is that crafting your own gear is completely viable and encouraged. 8 Alteration Orbs will net you a Fusing Orb which will trade for a Alchemy Orb 1:1 or better. You can also trade those up to Chaos Orbs and just buy the stuff you need.

ChA0TiCoNe posted...
words

Again, you were in Beta, stuff is going to change. It doesn't matter if you were in agreement with it or not. Sporkers were more than a bit imbalanced. They're still completely usable now with some tweaking, they just don't put out the zero effort ridiculous numbers that they used to. I agree the aura nerf was a bit extreme, but most of the builds are still manageable with some tweaking if you take the right nodes.

Again, everything you are complaining about just points out that a constantly evolving and changing game isn't for you. I would stick to offline and mod friendly games.