This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Back up and restore

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Back up and restore

User Info: itachi00

itachi00
2 years ago#1
Hi I was wondering if I chose my external harddrive to save my backup will it format everything on that drive?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#2
It depends on the software you're using. In most cases though, it shouldn't mess with existing data.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: voldothegr8

voldothegr8
2 years ago#3
I just copy and paste my user profile to an external and that certainly doesn't require any formatting. Some programs make you do it and others don't. I know Windows server backup makes you but I'm not sure about Windows 7/8 backup, I've never used it.
Oda break tracker 2014- 0 (2)

User Info: lost_within

lost_within
2 years ago#4
voldothegr8 posted...
I just copy and paste my user profile to an external and that certainly doesn't require any formatting. Some programs make you do it and others don't. I know Windows server backup makes you but I'm not sure about Windows 7/8 backup, I've never used it.

The built in backup for windows 7/8 does not make you format the destination drive when you make the back up.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison

User Info: itachi00

itachi00
2 years ago#5
Can i use restore on a different pc?
Also where can i see how big the back up is gonna be? Should the dest drive be in nyfs or fat32?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Back up and restore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived