This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would this be worth it for $300 if I can get a 22"Inch screen added?

#1Viking_MudcrapPosted 2/4/2014 10:08:41 AM
Specs:
http://imgur.com/kNZlvJY

Pics of computer
http://imgur.com/tPU3XOC

http://imgur.com/iluirI2

Don't know if you remember the topic.

Anyway I had the chance to use it last night. It was able to run Skyrim at low setting with no slow downs that I saw.

The guy was originally selling me the PC and a 22inch dell screen for $70.

You guys said it was a no go since it was way outdated, but what if I can get the screen and the pc for $300? Would it be worth it then? Just curious since I would like to have a "gaming" pc or more a good tower in general, but to be quite honest I don't feel like spending money and more importantly going tru the hassle of assembling the whole thing, since I know next to nothing about computers.
---
4484-8357-2700
Trainer Name: Saga
#2Jprime666Posted 2/4/2014 10:16:54 AM
Do you own a console? A PS4 would be outperform that PC. The problem here is that if you want to upgrade that computer you're going to need to replace almost all of it.
---
Zvarri!
#3Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 10:25:08 AM
Jprime666 posted...
Do you own a console? A PS4 would be outperform that PC. The problem here is that if you want to upgrade that computer you're going to need to replace almost all of it.

A bunch of consoles and portables to be honest.

I probably own all portable and home besides the current gen and that WiiU trash.

I just kinda want a gaming PC to play mooded games and maybe some online games with friends like LoL, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead and stuff.

The only reason I haven't bought a PS4 yet is because I don't see a single game that calls me attention and I am staying as far as I can from the Xbox One, I don't agree with their stupid practices.
---
4484-8357-2700
#4AllHailTheDead6Posted 2/4/2014 10:43:56 AM
you have to realize now that the whole thing about PC's is that they cost more but are WAY better then consoles

I mean by all means get that pc it actually is a decent deal with the monitor included, that said good luck trying to run any newer games, you can most likely forget about GTA V and that is going to look amazing on PC
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#5Fade2black001Posted 2/4/2014 10:44:35 AM
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
Jprime666 posted...

A bunch of consoles and portables to be honest.

I probably own all portable and home besides the current gen and that WiiU trash.

I just kinda want a gaming PC to play mooded games and maybe some online games with friends like LoL, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead and stuff.

The only reason I haven't bought a PS4 yet is because I don't see a single game that calls me attention and I am staying as far as I can from the Xbox One, I don't agree with their stupid practices.

Double your budget and it will be very doable.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#6ShubPosted 2/4/2014 10:54:07 AM
I'd take it for $300 with that Dell U2410 included (that screen alone is worth more than the PC in my opinion), otherwise I'd probably pass. LoL, TF2 and L4D2 should run fine on that setup though, but the 9800 GTX is really getting old so you'd want to spend more money on a vaguely better video card (without spending too much because that Q6600 CPU would hold things back)
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#7Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 11:08:02 AM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
you have to realize now that the whole thing about PC's is that they cost more but are WAY better then consoles

I mean by all means get that pc it actually is a decent deal with the monitor included, that said good luck trying to run any newer games, you can most likely forget about GTA V and that is going to look amazing on PC

To be honest I thought the point of a gaming pc was to play mods, not trolling that's what I thought.

I think it said I couldn't run Saints Row 4, that made me sad and I already own GTAV for the ps3, so unless I saw some mods I doubt I would buy it.
---
4484-8357-2700
#8Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 8:38:25 PM
bumpo
---
4484-8357-2700
#9Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 2/4/2014 11:16:44 PM(edited)
With the screen included its worth $300, but just so you know it wont last long at all and you'll need to upgrade it if you want to play games for the next 8 years. Still, it has a really nice monitor, and case

The system is an old Core 2 based system, so when you decide to upgrade the CPU, you'd have to upgrade the motherboard, and ram as well.

Still though, I'd get it. Even though the system is not as strong as a PS4, or even Xbone, there are still a lot of advantages to PC gaming, plus it's a great deal.

If you could get the PC and a 22inch Dell for $70 that would be excellent too. Either way good deal.
#10NGd72Posted 2/4/2014 10:49:18 PM
Dat Cable Management